“Way better than expected”
Review of Old Town Inn

Old Town Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stopped at the Old Town Inn as we were driving up the Oregon coast. Didn't need a pool, just looking for a clean room...and found much more. What a nice surprise. the hotel has just been remodeled ... brand new everything and just finished in April of 2013. Managers David and Prudence are very helpful, aimed us to a great restaurant just around the corner in Old Town. Stay with them, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We believe all units are renewed, but make sure yours is as good as we found ours to be.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurence j

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

The Old Town Inn was a pit stop for us on a road trip from Seattle to San Diego. I wasn't expecting much from this hotel, just a place to rest my head, and that's pretty much what I got.

The hotel is in a great spot off the 101 if you are just passing through. Our biggest complaint was that the room had this awful smell. We couldn't quite tell if it was the cleaning solution used or if there was something else causing the odor. We got in so late at night, though, that we just dealt with the smell and slept.

The room was big enough, and everything else was as expected. Not quite sure if I would stay here again...but other than the odor it was a decent place to rest my head for a night.

• Stayed: June 2013
bosslady897, Owner at Old Town Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

We all feel miserable if we have a guest who has had a bad experience. All the rooms were recently renovated and so can only assume there may have been a faint paint smell. I hope the guest will give us a second chance.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband didn't get out of work late (in Brookings, OR) and we were trying to figure out where we would stop for the night as we have a toddler and didn't want to make the 6 hr journey back to Portland. We took our time driving up the coast and thought about staying in Coos Bay but after having dinner at Benetti's (I think that's the name) we decided to drive another hour up to Florence. The whole way there, I was on the phone trying to find a decent place. My husband's 1st choice was the Driftwood (this was on the beach) and mine was the Old town Inn (less expensive). We said we'll drive by both and decide after we saw both places. Thankfully the Old Town Inn was the 1st place we saw....my husband went in and spoke to the person at the front desk. She let him look at a room and he came back to the car and said we're staying here. I know he was surprised to see that the Inn had been renovated and the decor was nice. He also commented on how clean the room was. I knew that this would work out as I had already read all of the reviews. So glad we stayed here....we'd like to visit Florence again and spend more time here.

Room Tip: We were close to the office (cause my husband didn't want to lug up all of our stuff upstairs) a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently had occasion to come back to stay several nights at the Old Town Inn. My dog, Zoey, and I were very comfortable in Room 104 (pet room). The decor has been updated since my last stay and the room looked very inviting. All that we needed was provided: very clean room with king size comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, flat screen tv and desk for laptop with free wi-fi. Zoey's walking area was just a few steps around the corner. The nice lady at the front desk was very helpful in directing me to Florence's Dog Park. They offered coffee, tea, muffins and fruit for a little something to get going in the morning :) Just a few steps from our room and Zoey and I were strolling along the pier-front in Old Town Florence. All in all it was a very pleasant stay in a perflect location. One final worthy note: The price is extremely competitive for the area and the amenities offered.

Room Tip: They are very pet friendly ... if you have a pet, this is a great place to stay :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our annual trip down Oregon Coast, stopped in Florence. We saw the coupon in the book and decided to try this place. The front desk person complained that they don't think the owner should put the coupon in the book anymore! That's how we found the place! We liked the room, had a refridgerator and a nice king size bed. I noticed that there was no soap on the counter so mentioned to the front desk clerk. She said the soap is there for sure so she wanted to come and see it for herself - could not believe it! She did not trust what I told her - a soap! After seeing for herself that the soap was not there, she got one from next door and said sorry. Next morning, I managed to get two muffins and coffee around 9:20 and then my husband went to get more muffins around 9:40 - told that they no longer have it as they do not have muffins set out after 9:30! Most places serve until 11:00. He said that we should have checked the receipt! How about putting up a sign?
We stayed in some wonderful places during our trip, including the Hotel Embarcardero, Newport, Oregon and received wonderful welcoming services but this one left a very sour feeling. We both agreed that these front desk clerks must not like their jobs... Too bad... We won't be back there next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sylvia356
Old_Town_Inn_Manager, Manager at Old Town Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

"Thank you for your 3 star review. We are sorry there was some confusion with the breakfast. We serve our limited continental breakfast from 7:30am to 9:30 am and we try to let everyone know this upon check in. In addition we have the times printed on the receipt that everyone receives when they check in. I hope this clears things up for the future.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to explain this.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here two nights and will stay again some time. The staff was friendly and gave appropriate recommendations for local activities. The room very clean and well appointed. We always like it when there are sufficient outlets and good table or desk space. Our room was near the office but was not noisy. Hot beverages were available all day which was nice.

Room Tip: It did not bother us, but some people might prefer rooms a little farther from the office, especiall...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Old Town Inn for the first time this weekend. During and prior to my stay, I interacted with both managers. David and Prudence made it clear that they wanted my stay to be as comfortable as possible. They were very friendly and helpful. I stayed in room 132, which was exceptionally nice. The property has recently been updated and everything was of good quality. I found the color scheme in the room to be very relaxing. The sheets were extra soft and the mattress felt great. The room was impeccably clean, too. The location was terrific. I was able to park the car and get around on foot to the shops in Old Town and restaurants on 101. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you're looking for an exceptionally quiet room, try #132.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Old_Town_Inn_Manager, Manager at Old Town Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We appreciate so much when guests notice all the things we do to make their stay enjoyable. Thank you for the gracious review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Best Western Pier Point Inn
Le Chateau Motel
#12 of 13 in Florence
Three Rivers Casino Resort
Best Western Salbasgeon Inn & Suites of Reedsport

Been to Old Town Inn? Share your experiences!