“Perfectly adequate ”

Economy Inn Florence
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Florence
“Perfectly adequate ”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights. 3 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs.
Pluses: +nice heated indoor pool and hot tub. +3 beds, no one had to sleep on the floor! +fully stocked kitchen (supplies, not food). +2 beds were in a bedroom and one in the "living room" area. +both rooms had their own tv's and there were a lot of channels. +good wi-fi*. +pretty flowers all over property.

Minuses: -the 2 beds in the bedroom were double beds, so the husband and I were pretty cozy, and I was even cozier with the wall (though if there hadn't been a wall to cozy up to, I may have fallen off of the bed!). -pretty old, no updates to any part of the suite. -no air conditioning.

We decided that if we had been camping for the past week and then came here, it would have felt like the Hilton. Clearly it is maintained by people who want folks to have a clean place to lay their heads. We did appreciate that! Pretty ok walking trail for the dogs, too.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Suzanne W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hastings
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We, as in 9 people, divided into 4 rooms stayed for 6 nights. We all had a pleasant stay and the kids loved the pool and hot tub. While we were there we seen the pool get cleaned and checked several times and the hanging plants in the pool room made for a very tropical feeling.
The rooms were clean and had everything we needed. If there was anything we needed the workers were pleased to get it for us.
The wifi worked well with the password if course and the TVs were easy to operate.
The management was very friendly and were well educated on the land and things to do and see.
Thank you so very much for the wonderful vacation!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jessih8
Mazatlan, Mexico
Reviewed June 5, 2014

this is a very nice clean hotel. the owners/mangers take pride in the upkeep of the Inn. With flower baskets hanging around, outside looks very nice.. Staff is very friendly. Our room was big, with microwave and frig. Pet friendly with only a small pet fee. Price was good. Would stay here again and recommend it to anyone needing a nice place to stay in Florence. We also had things in the back of our truck and felt safe not having to unload it.

Room Tip: our room was in the back by the dog area on the ground floor, since we had a dog was perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robyn F
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I will start with the statement that we knew we were coming to a somewhat out-dated establishment. However, due to the grand reviews and the fact there was a pool for the kids to swim, we booked this location. We were okay with out-dated decor as long as it was CLEAN. We came to Florence for the annual Rhododendron parade, but arrived late due to earlier sports activities in Portland, OR. I had advised them when I booked the room we would be late and I also called when we were on our way. Arrived at 10:30pm and had to ring the after-hours bell. The desk agent was NOT happy & claimed she did not get my message.
We knew the pool closed at 10. No big deal. I asked to see when it opened I the morning and she told me 2pm! Check out is at 11 so NO POOL for kids. Her tone was very angry and proceeded to say the person who booked our room should have told us and she said she was going to have to cuss the other girl out (however, she used profanity). She went on to tell me that it is hard for them to change over all the rooms and take care of the pool as it is just two people to do all the work. (I was shocked only 2 employees for a whole motel)

When we finally got to the room it smelled awful! My teenage son & his friend wanted to sleep in the car! It was $160 for the room so it was not exactly discounted. Wifi is a joke. It would not work at all. We could not wait to leave in the morning! NEVER AGAIN would we stay here! If there were any available rooms somewhere else in town we would have left. It would have been better to drive the 3.5 hours in the morning to get to the parade than stay in an establishment like this. Desperate need of updates and a good deep clean. Smell in the room was horrid. Not to mention traffic noise and loud, old fridge to keep you awake.
Maybe the check in staff should go through a customer service course. If the service was better the awful room might have been tolerable. My recommendation... DO NOT STAY HERE! Not worth even half of what we paid.

Room Tip: Room 102 has a rancid smell. A lot of traffic noise and a loud refrigerator. Be sure to bring your e...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MomofOC
Jean B, Manager at Economy Inn Florence, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
To Horrible Experience
I would like to start by saying I'm sorry but all our rooms are very clean, as all our reviews have stated. These folks arrived at 11:15 pm. I received no message like I tried to explain to the women. I might have sounded angry due to her raised voice and her own anger. I never said I would cuss out anyone you just don't deal with your staff that way. I don't use profanity in front of guest of the Motel. Our WIFI works just fine. In some locations it requires a password. If she would of had her anger in check I probably would'nt of forgotten to tell her the WIFI password, as she slammed my front door real hard when she left the office.Just want to add these folks had a 2-Queen room the Husband called to upgrade to a 3-Queen room with a full kitchen. This person has largly exaggerated on everything including the price of the room. It's really sad when people would rather exaggerate to hurt a business than to admit their own short comings.

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Florence, Oregon
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed at the Economy Inn in Florence recently, and the experience wasn't the best, and close to the worst I've had in Oregon.

The staff wasn't friendly what-so-ever to the guests, and I even saw them arguing and yelling with one guest. I'm not sure what it was for, but it seemed unnecessary. The room was alright, but could have been cleaned better. The shower and bathroom weren't nearly as nice as Riverhouse Inn's. Mold along the molding/tacking in the shower. The carpets also had stains and could be shampooed.

I know these seem small, but when there's a bunch of small things, they become big. Riverhouse Inn, Best Western, Driftwood Shores, all of these have better rooms and similar rates. You'd be much better off choosing one of those. There's a reason these guys aren't #1 in Florence.

I did like the pool area. Indoor spa/pool, even though the pool is small, is very nice when it's wet and cold outside. I also liked the location, because it was close to several fast food locations, and the Fred Meyers. However, Florence isn't very big, and is mostly located on 101. So that applies to most of the hotel/motels here.

Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel/motel in Florence. Unless you have to stay here, then I'm sorry for you.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Joseph A
Denison, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

This turned out to be a great surprise. Wasn't certain when we drove up, but once we started the check in process I knew it was going to be worth the price. The woman at the front desk was nice and friendly. The rooms, although the furniture was a bit older, were clean and the appliances updated and modern. Indoor heated pool and it's Pet Friendly. The room had a microwave oven and refrigerator and a 32 inch flat screen televison. I would recommend this to anyone traveling through.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ccp1122
Creston, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014

It's not the Holiday Inn, but it has clean rooms, very friendly staff and an excellent pool & spa. One of the best values we have found on the road....we'd stay there again in a hart beat! The beds are new and very comfortable.....a hidden gem. It's also a short drive to an amazing seafood restaurant ... the International C'food Market or ICM on your GPS.....awesome food!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple