“Good Chowder!”

International C-Food Market
Ranked #47 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Chowder!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This eatery is just next door to it's more famous neighbor Mo's. Both restaurants are built on pilons and sit out over the water.

ICM is a little more upscale than Mo's and often less crowded.

We love their Clam Chowder. Be sure to check out the bathrooms.

• Visited December 2012

Montague, California
“A+ Seafood at C Food”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stopped in Old Town Florence for lunch last Monday. There is a lot of road or infrastructure construction going on right now, and Mo's (where we traditionally stop for lunch) had a big crane in the parking lot. After nearly a decade of stopping here on our way home, my mom picked this year to finally tell me she never did like Mo's, so we decided we'd check the restaurant next door.
It is a very attractive building in a rustic vein, with a lot of wood and metal. The views of boats, river, and the Florence bridge in the distance are very nice.
We both had the fish and chips dinner, and a cup of chowder. My mom substituted a green salad for the chips and slaw (a menu option). The chowder was LOADED with clams, made from scratch, and was very tasty. The fish is local, fresh, and battered just before frying it up when ordered. The salad dressings are home-made, too, including their bleu cheese. For me, the coup de foudre was when I took my first bite of their coleslaw. One serving just wasn't enough! Mom and I shared a creme brulee, which was smooth and cool and creamy, very clean tasting.
The service was excellent. I overheard 3 other groups remarking at how good their meals were, and complimenting the server. I'm looking forward to the next trip through Florence!

• Visited January 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Terrible and overpriced”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were originally headed to Mo's for clam chowder and noticed the sign on the side of this restaurant that said "all you can eat crab", that drew us in. BIG mistake. The all you can eat crab was $65 a person - really?
We should have known better when we walked in at 6 pm and there was only one other guest in the place.
We decided to stay anyway. I ordered the prawns and scallops sauteed in garlic and herbs for $26, what I got was prawns and scallops that had been boiled until they were tough dropped in a dish of melted butter with no seasoning what so ever. The steamed vegetables were the best thing on the plate.
My brother ordered the fish and chips for $20, heavily breaded and tasteless.
We both had a "bowl" of clam chowder that was maybe 6 ounces of chowder that tasted like it was out of a can. No bread was served with our meal.
The server was nice and attentive (there were only 2 table with guests in the whole place).
I will never go back to this place - GO TO MO'S!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank N. G
Florence, Oregon
“Seafood Excellence!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Try the crab stuffed Halibut! The steamers and clam chowder are excellent too! I really like all the wood in this place, wood floors, ceiling and walls. The are windows all around so you have a good view of the river as well.

Visited October 2012
San Bernardino, California
“Move on!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Very over priced, poor quality food. How do you mess up fish and chips. Had better from the frozen section at a local grocery store. Wife had nothing good to say about the chicken. The "bread to die for" good but $15 bucks for a little shaped crab looking thing (Really!) Wouldn't return, Wouldn't recommend, I highly suggest moving on and saving your money for some place that deserves your business and puts customers first rather than rely on being a tourist trap

• Visited November 2012