“Oh my, maybe I was there on a bad day?”

Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eclectic cuisine featuring healthy freshly prepared house made choices. Steaks, seafood, salads, pasta, pizza, vegan . Fun specialty drinks & huge wine selection. Micro brews.
Reviewed November 17, 2017

My lunch experience here wasn't bad, it just wasn't in any way much above average. It was a Sunday so maybe that made a difference? There seem to be so many 'excellent' ratings...

Service was okay once we finally got noticed, but very slow to start. I had the pulled pork sandwich with caramelized onions. It was okay, nothing wrong with it although it did not have much sauce. The side salad, on the other hand, was delicious! That was the Mandarin salad. If I visit again, I may just order the full sized version for lunch.

The restaurant wasn't too busy but the tables are a bit close together and it was a little noisy. Prices were about average although I'm guessing dinners are fairly pricey.

1  Thank half-Brit
Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Excellent service and extensive menu featuring a wide variety of seafood and beef. Watch out for the portions, they are HUGE! A bustling place. Bring your appetite!

Reviewed November 4, 2017

Lots of great restaurants serve great seafood on the Oregon coast. If you are in Florence the place to go is Bridgewater. It is located in a very spacious old mercantile building. The Zebra Bar takes up about a third of the space and the restaurant proper the rest. A live piano player adds ambience with tunes everyone will remember.

However, the main reason for this review is the outstanding cod fish & chips. Perfectly cooked with a batter that is not to thick or too thin - sort of a goldilocks compromise. The fries are also excellent as is the tartar sauce. A simple meal at a fair price. If you want to pay a little more you can get salmon or halibut instead of cod, but I think cod is the go to fish.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

We stopped in for Lunch having never eaten here before. The interior is very inviting and we were greeted and seated immediately.
Our server was very attentive her name was Christy. She seemed very knowledgeable about the food and helped to make some great recommendations. On our way out she said she was fairly new but, we would have never know that because our service was spot on.
We started with Coconut Prawns with a jalapeño jelly dipping sauce that were so good. Better then ones I thought were the best we had in Maui last month. We then had their seafood chowder and seafood soup. Both my husband and I traded bites and each of us remarked how good they were. My seafood soup was a red sauce with hunks of seafood halibut and salmon were predominant through out. I had wanted Cioppino but, the server said it was pretty big. The soup was a very good alternative and I was glad she steered me that direction. The bowl came with some delicious toasted garlic sourdough bread. It was a real nice lunch and can't wait to go back for dinner next time we are in Florence.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

We went here on the recommendation of the B&B owners where we were staying (all of the other guests ate here that same evening). Needless to say it was an outstanding choice for dinner.
The service was excellent, they were full when we arrived and they sat us in the bar, then very quickly thereafter had a table ready for us.
The waitstaff was fast, efficient and very friendly. We went with our waitress's recommendation for our dinner choices and were very pleased.
We started with the coconut prawns which were cooked perfectly and then had the seafood Thermadore. The Thermadore is so big our waitress recommend that we share an appetizer and then the Thermadore and was she ever right. Between the two dishes we had just enough room for the berry cobbler dessert (which we also shared).
We've done nothing but brag about the Thermadore ever since, this is a dish you shouldn't miss.