“Decor better than food”

Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eclectic cuisine featuring healthy freshly prepared house made choices. Steaks, seafood, salads, pasta, pizza, vegan . Fun specialty drinks & huge wine selection. Micro brews.
Eugene, Oregon
“Decor better than food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Bridgewater is in a wonderful old building. We were given a complimentary shrimp cocktail and the service was very prompt and pleasant. Unfortunately the food was disappointing. The seafood marinara linguine was advertised as the greatest, but was very ordinary. The "bed of spinach" under the scallops was tiny. Nothing was bad, but.nothing to go back again for.

• Visited July 2014
Christine D, Owner at Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Allank924, I'm really sorry to hear you were not pleased with your scallops nor your linguini Marinara. I will notify our kitchen of your comments and we'll pay closer attention to a bit more spinach & I'll make sure they prepared the Marinara properly as it is a house favorite. Thank you for taking the time and thank you for dining with us.

• Hebrew first
Cardiff
“Gr8 Food, Marginal Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

The reviews looked gr8 and I wanted crab cakes & oysters, so I stopped for lunch about 1 pm.

The place was 1/2 full with 5 young servers talking near the door/cashier counter. No one looked at or approached me, so I proceeded closer and asked for a table for one.

I got water and a menu quickly. Everything looked really gr8, and I ordered the crab cakes and cajun grilled oysters.

The food was very tasty and I finished it and my drinks without the server ever approaching my table again, or anyone refilling water, or asking about desert. She just dropped my check on the table. But there were usually 2 or 4 of the wait staff only 5 feet away talking to each other with their backs to customers and no supervision.

This was surprising, as the owner had read and responded to every review that I saw, so my expectations were higher. It's clearly a training issue and maybe not important.

The building is historic and well restored, although no one could explain why the zebra motif. They have a happy hour from 3-6 and the food was gr8, so I may return to see if I can catch the owners when they are there and to see if service is better. That would improve the rating!

• Visited July 2014
Dear Bch girl128! I'm so disappointed you were overlooked with the service. I was there on Sunday at lunch! And of course I love hearing my servers are all standing around chatting! Please accept my apology. These people know very well what is expected of them and obviously we were not up to our high standard on our service. I really hope you'll give us another try.
“Great food, ok service, but a good choice to have dinner in Florence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We just got back from eating at Bridgewater...and it was great!

The food was very tasty, variety of choices, well prepared and presented. The shrimp and scallop skewers are a definite tip, and the cioppino is to die for. The best we've had since our vacation on the US West Coast. I've had better Lobster Alfredo, but it was still a good dish.
You wíll be overloaded with garlic bread, though. The bread is really good, but bread with pasta and/or rice is a little too much for me. But, doggybags are there for a reason!
The desserts were too delicious: we had the Bruleé Cheesecake and the Brownie. Though the Cheesecake had nothing Bruleé-ish about it, it was still a great Cheesecake. The Brownie...was heaven on a plate. Save room for it!

The service was a ok. She messed up some of the appetizers, but it was solved very quickly. The waitress said she had a little confusing day, but she was very nice and double checked everything after her first 'mistake', so all's good.

The location is great as well: in the heart of Old Town in Florence, just a short walk away from some Inn's and B&B's in this picturesque town. The building and it's decoration are very nice as well.

Great value, too. Five people, three courses each, drinks and tip cost us about $176 total. So, a definite must if you're spending the night (or day) in Florence, OR.

• Visited July 2014
Dear Carolus V, I am so happy your enjoyed your food. I've been trying to find our which server you had . It is not up to you to be the recipient of her confusing day. I'm so sorry. If you'd like to mail me I can follow through with this.
California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Lunch !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I drove from Bandon to Florence --drove through the river front area--saw the Bridgewater and stopped. What a great experience and great lunch !! We grazed on several appetizers and wine, of course. We will return and tell friends. Ron and Renee

• Visited July 2014
Thank you Ron & Rene, glad you had a good time. We're glad you chose to dine with us!
“Yum-me!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Amazing! My husband and I tried the Bridgewater based on the recommendation of our hotel and the trip advisor reviews and we were so glad we did!!!! The food was delicious. Prices are good. Our server, Jasmine, was awesome!!!!

Thank you so much!