“Best chowder.”

Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic cuisine featuring healthy freshly prepared house made choices. Steaks, seafood, salads, pasta, pizza, vegan . Fun specialty drinks & huge wine selection. Micro brews.
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant. Staff very nice & attentive. Best seafood chowder in town. Great wine by the glass selection & prices. This place never disappoints & Florence is a great OR seaport town to explore.

There are newer reviews for Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stopped in Florence for lunch on our way back from Newport. Having a history of bad dining experiences in Florence, we were a little worried to even make an attempt. After eating at the Bridgewater, we are so glad we did! Our appetizers and meals were delicious, but the stand out was the crab cakes! Fresh and full of flavor! The décor was fun and funky! It was very easy to step in for lunch, and get lost in a Caribbean island faraway! The only thing that kept our visit from being excellent was our server. She wasn't unfriendly, but very awkward. Never greeted us, and when it came time to order, she walked over and stood, staring at us. All of our communication lead me to believe that she really lacks people skills. All of the other staff was very friendly and accommodating!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I appreciated the staff cleaning the gutters, As we approached this restaurant a young man was sweeping the sidewalk and gutters and I thought these people rally care about the appearance of their restaurant. It was clean and the staff was friendly and professional. The food is always excellent. We had salmon perfectly cooked and mandarin salads with hazel nuts which was very flavorful..

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We had been to this restaurant 2 years ago and it wasn't that great. I remember the staff not being so friendly and I really didn't want to go back. The other restaurants were crowded so we decided to try it again. Jasmine was our waitress and she was so nice fr the very first second. Our meal was great and we were able to sit in the window and watch the old town crowd. Would not have been as special if jasmine had not been editing on us. The coconut shrimp was really good and the house salad was fresh. Thanks for being so nice Jasmine!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

After repeated visits to Florence, my wife and I finally gave this establishment a try... major mistake!

We were seated behind the hostess station where I was bumped into and overheard their noisy conversations. When we looked at the menu, we were shocked at the poor fish selections and the chowder was a "ocean chowder" which had shrimp, something my wife is highly allergic to. Which we were surprised to see the peel and eat shrimp brought to us as a complimentary appetizer. We both thought it was a good gesture but informed the waitstaff that my wife is allergic to shrimp.

As we continued to search the menu for something my wife liked, we came to the conclusion that the menu did not suit her liking, not that there were several selections, but ones she liked without shrimp. When the waitstaff returned, I kindly stated that due to my wife's allergies, we have found nothing that she liked, and would kindly pay for the shrimp appetizer, she got rude and said "do what you want" and took off.

As two medical professionals, a kind word of advise: Don't put shrimp in everything. Have a better selection of fish (*no halibut... seriously?), and ask your customers if they would like a shrimp cocktail as many people cannot eat shellfish.

A kind gesture turned bad. Too bad, it looked like a nice place.

1  Thank mbush35