“Clean but old fashioned.”
Review of Le Chateau Motel

Le Chateau Motel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Florence
“Clean but old fashioned.”
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Room has fridge and microwave. Decor very dated and mattress lumpy. But was very clean. Breakfast choices limited but adequate. For the price this is a good choice but needs updating to increase my rating.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RonnieTexas67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here last night...it was really nice....great location right on US 101 so jumping on and off to get to a few places was a breeze...we checked in and went to the beach...

The lady at the front desk, Fern, was wonderful and extremely helpful...since we werent sure if we even wanted to stay there as the other places we tried were not that great, she let us check out the rooms...which were clean.

They have a swimming pool (too cold to swim but looked clean), a jacuzzi, which we used! It was very very nice to sit in there and soak the day's drive away. Though the Inn was a packed, it was very quiet.

In the morning there was some sort of continental breakfast, though not a whole lot of selection it did rival the Holiday Inn in Springfield, Ore. Everything tasted great and it was a nice way for us to start our morning.

If you are ever in Florence, Ore. This is not a bad place to stay (believe me i know!)...did i mention the value? :) We will stay here again.

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we did, what a nice way to spend Memorial Day weekend....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Proudmama35
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for a night on our way up the coast. It's right off the highway ad quiet at night, a great combination. They have a pool which was closed at the time and a jacuzzi which we didn't use but they both looked clean. The room was clean and so was the shower and bathroom. Good breakfast. My only issue was that if you have people talking loudly in the courtyard area by the pool, it feels like they are at your bedside. Not a huge deal though.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank jdcamp
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2012

good value and clean! great hot tub which was perfect after a long drive from san fran! good variety of breakfast choices too! cereals, bagels, muffins, toast etc etc! would defo stay again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank STEPHANIE C
klamath falls
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I reviewed 8 motels in florence and found this on to be the best for what I am paying for.

The front desk staff was friendly, explained the pros and cons of all the different rooms. She showed me the quiet rooms as well as the not so quiet rooms. I picked an upper floor room, where everything worked, plenty of hot water, all the lights worked and the ceiling heat system was quiet and effective. The king bed was soft and gave me a good nights sleep. I was able to open the front and back windows for some cross ventilation. The room was very clean and even the pillows were in good shape. Breakfast was good and plenty

The front desk staff even provided a map of florence and hellped me decide on a very good restaurant for dinner.
Dr. HJKuhr

Room Tip: Second floor east side
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank jurgen261
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Driving back to Seattle from Eugene, we decided to take the scenic route. We were traveling with our pug so we decided that Le Chateau Motel was the way to go. We arrived and checked in with no hassle at all.

The room was clean with a décor that my wife and I decided would fit onto the set of a David Lynch movie. Fortunately as fans of his work, we felt quite at home. The bed was a bit hard but overall this hotel met our needs, was clean, and accepted our pug with no hassles.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BigIrishGod
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I really mean that. This is an older motel of the type my family stayed in when I was a child. It does have a newer addition, but I chose the original section for one night with my daughter and grandson, and we really enjoyed it.

We did not have a reservation, but decided to stop for the night as my 2-year-old grandson was getting tired and grouchy. We were instantly put at ease by Rose, who is friendly and as helpful as can be. She let us choose a room and the door was opened by ... a KEY! Yes, this is really old school, with one of those plastic tags and a key with the room number on it :)

I digress. The room, while very basic, was spotless and well-maintained. In addition to the two queen beds, there was a regular dining table (with two mis-matched, but comfy, chairs), and a dresser with the tv on it, a small refrigerator, all in the same room, and still loads of floor space for playing with toy trains. The beds were very comfortable and outside noise pretty effectively kept out.

We availed ourselves of the spa, which was small - 6 person size, I believe - but very nice. It's enclosed in a small glass room off the pool area, which is in the center of the old motel courtyard square.

Breakfast... well, that was the one real disappointment in an otherwise lovely stay. There were about three types of cold cereal, milk, and some type of pastries. The coffee was ok, although not really hot. My daughter had hot tea and was satisfied with it.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: An older room on the "courtyard" may be a welcome change from modern boxes.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family