“Great diner stop!”
Review of Jerry's Hot Rod Grill - CLOSED

Jerry's Hot Rod Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The car tables gave this place a really unique feel! The service was excellent, the cost good, the coffe great, and the food pretty darn good. It's your typical diner, but definitely a good stop for the kids and a cheap meal!

1  Thank fallenangel2442
There are newer reviews for Jerry's Hot Rod Grill

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Walked in to a restaurant with ten tables on our side and only one was clean. Amazingly, only three others were occupied! The poor waitress was busting her butt to take care of everyone, but there's only so much one person can do on a Sunday morning with folks streaming in. The owner was nowhere to be seen. The front of house station was empty and God only knows how much kitchen help there was! The four senior citizens who were sipping coffee when we arrived didn't get their meals until 25 minutes after my wife and I were seated! The carpet was stained. The "car booth" (an old Ford made into a dining table) had crumbs from past generations underneath it and cobwebs connecting the tires to the floor. Seats were smudged with what must've been grimey kid hands. And, in a 50's themed diner, you'd expect 50's era music to be playing! Not a sound! I would have begged for some Richie Valens or Elvis! As for the food, I'm sure it was good...when it was HOT! My sunny eggs had a film on top of the yolk from sitting so long and everything was close to room temperature. Did I mention there was ONLY ONE WAITRESS ON DUTY?!?!?! FINALLY, the owner appeared to work the register and someone complained to her about the waitress running herself to death and being unable to keep up. Then -- AND ONLY THEN -- did she pick up a coffee pot and walk around to the tables offering warm-ups. As folks continued to walk in, my wife and I were holding ourselves back from running up to them and saying, "NO! Stay away!!! You'll be SORRY!" NEVER AGAIN!

1  Thank JOHN F
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our favorite place to eat during our recent vacation. Boyfriend had the amazing logger burger and i just had hashbrowns. waitress was friendly and had a great sense of humor. fast service. great food.very fun place. cant wait to return

1  Thank sheesha_rose
Reviewed August 4, 2013

When we last took all our family there before the closing of Bliss', it was super! We just returned and it is now Jerri's. Without a doubt, this experience was one of the worst service/meals we have EVER had at a diner or restaurant. We watched three seperate tables get up and leave due to extremely slow /non-existent service. One table that was obviously tired of waiting, but still hanging in there, went up twice to the counter asking where their food was???? Then..a couple was served food and they arrived AFTER the couple who were waiting. I had three teens and three adults at our table, and we all had waited soooo long, we actually had the breakfast jelly pkts and soup crackers as our pre-meal snack. Now that is sad. The food, when it did arrive, was of mixed quality. Onion rings were awesome. Bacon on two different sandwiches was almost raw. Drinks and salads were very small in size, but tomato/cuke were very fresh. Hamb patty was burnt. Clam chowder should have been called brothy celery soup. Kids said fish fillets were "gummy" in the middle. Oh, and, did I mention the one customer who ordered a bacon cheeseburger and the burger came to him just a burger patty and bun. He complained and they left the plate in front of him and brought out a saucer with bacon and cheese. At this point, we remaining customers just all looked at each other and laughed. Were we getting pranked or something? Kinda wish it were that, cause it doesn't feel good getting a really bad deal.

2  Thank sharp12000
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For starters, lady's room had no bath tissue or towels, men's room had no towels. Lots of flies in the dining room. The hostess was actually using a tennis racket size bug zapper to get them.

Meat serving size was OK on the 1/2 pound jalapeno burger I tried--but I threw half the bun away since it was at least 3 inches wider than the patty. I had to dismantle the sandwich and eat it with knife and fork. Jalapenos weren't spicy at all, and the patty itself had very little flavor. The reuben was skimpy on meat.

As for side dishes, battered potato rounds weren't hot when served at the table, and didn't have much flavor. Onion rinks were OK.

Lunch came to $21 before tip (we had water to drink). Strictly a tourist place. Might be good to visit for a shake or something like that (at $4 a pop).

1  Thank Turboguy53