“Casual but sophisticated”

Homegrown Public House
Ranked #10 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Featuring Northwest Food and Beverages, a full bar and unique menu at modest prices.
Florence, Oregon
“Casual but sophisticated”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you are a gourmet who dresses in jeans this is your place. The place is 2 blocks off the main drag in Old Town. It is casual and cozy with fabulous food ranging from simple but delicious dishes to fine dining exotic delights which cause discriminating locals to frequent. Specialties of the day might arise from quality food sources like locally picked wild mushrooms or locally caught fish. Also of note are the 8 rare microbrews kept on tap and changed with new varieties as each barrel is exhausted and replaced with something new. A nice supply of good wines is also available. It is more an adult place but children are welcome as there is a designated bar area

• Visited October 2013

“A great choice for dinner”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal of chowder and fish and chips. The portions were generous and cooked perfectly. We were seated quickly and served quickly. A nice new find for us!

1 Thank Kwwebb1212
New York
“Just missed”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Based on the great reviews we decided to try this place out. Can't say we were impressed. They have a decent selection of draft beers and the ones we ordered were fresh. The food was ok. I ordered the Tillamook cheese spread. The spread was good, the bread was not great. Also had the Chanterelle Mushroom soup which was a bit thin and could have been more flavorful. My husband had the Chanterelle mushroom gravy fries which were kind of bland and the red curry mussels which were spicy but good. If you don't like spicy I would not order the mussels. The blueberry and marrionbery cobbler was ok. The crust could have been better. The service was fine. This place is very very casual. Was not what we were expecting based on reviews. More of a bar than a restaurant atmosphere.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mairead O
Florence, Oregon
“Usually great.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Food that I was told was really good by server was disappointing. Chicken wasn't quit done on inside bit bloody by the bone, and the crust was just short on being burnt. The grilled peach was a bit flavorless. I feel like I was a bit mislead. I would go again, but with scrutiny of what I ordered.

2 Thank Corrine852
North Carolina
“It was quite a suprise”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here tonight, not much from the outside or inside for that matter but one of the best meals I've ever had, my wife had the Capreze Salad and a fish taco she said was the best she ever had, I had a smoked tuna Crostini, excellent, the pickled onions and cream sauce served with it, made the dish and to top it off a great selection of craft beers. If you don't believe their committed to fresh and homegrown, their extensive herb garden right outside the kitchen door will convince you. If in Florence, don't pass up the opportunity.

2 Thank dstew7003