“Good breakfast....probably best in town.”

Little Brown Hen Cafe
Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Wallkill, New York
“Good breakfast....probably best in town.”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have eaten breakfast here twice this week.
First impression is clean when you walk in .....always a plus.
Open until 2pm and breakfast is served all day (even through lunch) except for pancakes and French toast which stops at 11:30.
Basic omelette selection , eggs, and griddle items.
Not sure about everyone else but for breakfast I don't need pages of items.....what they have covers it.
One odd thing and maybe it is regional but they put cream cheese in with any other cheese on eggs/omelettes.
For me I don't want that so I ordered without and they gladly left it out.
Service was fine. Greeted and seated with minimal wait and were asked about drinks at same time.
Waitress soon took full order a few minutes later.
Food was good, and both wife and I loved hash browns.
Would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014

Beaverton, Oregon
“Average food, awful service”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We recently ate breakfast there and it started out fine with the waitress being pleasant. The food was average though the omelets had quite a bit of cream cheese, making them extra heavy and the hash browns were not hot.

However, halfway through the meal she turned quite rude and never checked up to see if we needed anything. She never asked how the food was and when we asked for a box to take the food with us, she came back, put the bill on the table (no itemized bill, just the credit card receipt so we weren't even sure if the bill was correct), and walked away. Not wanting to be rude, I still gave a 15% tip but then learned later that the tip wasn't charged. In retrospect, I'm glad the tip wasn't charged because the waitress didn't earn it but we didn't do anything to warrant being treated with such rudeness. We'll definitely be looking elsewhere to eat on our next visit.

• Visited June 2014
Duvall, Washington
“Yummy Breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have visited here for some three-four years since we first tried it, and while we in Florence. The omelets there are excellent, also hash browns. I recommend getting the meat lovers omelet, yum-yum. We will return there every time we go back to town, and hopefully it will be there for some time. It seems like the good places either change menu's, ownership, or something to screw it up. Hope it doesn't happen here!

• Visited May 2014
Florence, Oregon
“Keep the dogs out!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Food is pretty good for breakfast, however, when a dog is free-roaming in the kitchen, we determined to never go back.

Visited March 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“Great lunch and very good service”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We got there just in time. They close at 2pm. I have to eat gluten free so I had my chili burger without the bun. It was totally delicious. The meat was the best tasting hamburger ever. Fred had a salad and he loved it. I have eaten breakfast there in the past and it was excellent too. I will definitely go back again!

• Visited March 2014