“Love the food, love the owners!”

Los Compadres Taqueria
Ranked #23 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is an excellent family owned and run business. We are locals who return again and again. The owners treat everyone like family. Great tacos if you're looking for a bargain, great torta just like food cart in Mexico!

There are newer reviews for Los Compadres Taqueria

Reviewed July 7, 2013

During a recent weekend visit to Florence, we visited Los Compadres after hearing wonderful things about it from a friend who grew up there. Our trip to this establishment took place on the 4th of July around 6:00 pm. We were immediately greeted by an energetic lady who led us to a table. She was very friendly, and we felt welcome and taken care of from the start to finish of our visit. Warm, delicious chips were delivered to our table with two bottles of salsa (red and green) that we got to put into our own personal dipping bowls. We were delighted to receive a second round of chips after plowing through our first basket! My fiancee ordered a Corona and I got a small raspberry margarita that was good. The arroz con pollo had been recommended to me by my friend, so I ordered it and was not at all disappointed. The serving filled a huge plate and came with tortillas, definitely enough for two meals. My fiancee also loved his meal. He got the carnitas burrito that was smothered with enchilada sauce. Wanting to sample so many things, we also tried two of the soft tacos (carne asada and pescado) and found them to be light and tasty. They would be a good solo order if you were not in need of a huge meal. Overall, we were very pleased with our stop at Los Compadres and would recommend it to everyone who loves Mexican cuisine. The place is unique and it was fun to watch loyal locals who the staff knew by name stop in, as well as unfamiliar tourists like ourselves. Everyone was treated with a positive, joyful attitude and the service was prompt and efficient. Los Compadres will definitely be our first food stop the next time we visit Florence!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good service, good salsa (but not chunky), great sauces, and good presentation. The food was similar to what I would expect to find in a Mexican community, not a coastal town.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

First, let me say that when I see the word "Taqueria" I think "order at a counter from a menu written on the wall". However this is a full service restaurant. They do have a large menu with plenty of taqueria-like menu items like plenty of tacos, tortas, and burritos with a large variety of meats to choose. We both had chile verde burritos that came large and hot. Didn't look or taste like the "usual" -- it was fine but different. Maybe it was the pico de gallo inside that we weren't expecting. Chips&salsa with the meal were so-so, but my experience has always been that they don't come with the meal at taquerias anyway, so it was just a bonus.

It ended up being our least expensive meal on our vacation, so I'd call it a great value. And the staff was nice. We'd go back.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My favorite mexican restaurant in Florence. Small place, but great food, and Jose is a great owner and worker! Love the outdoor seating, just wish there was a better view. I'm coming back for sure!