“Owners are great”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I love to go here for lunch. The Mexican food tastes very fresh and they have a good variety. They also have punch cards! Well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had dinner there last night. Myself, my wife, my mom, and our very finicky 6 year old.
The service at this place is on a 5 star level. A very friendly attentive atmosphere. We have a passion for Mexican food and culture; and the food was wonderful. My wife had a margarita... she said it was excellent. Our extremely picky 6 year old lives the cheese burger!

I highly recommend stopping here, for a great meal in a war and friendly environment. Bring the entire family.

Rob Vevers

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Dinner was excellent! Waited on by Marta and Jorge. Turns out they are the owners. Food was awesome, service was fantastic. Well be back> thanx for a great dinner!!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I've been driving past this place for the 4 months and we've been trying all sorts of places and for some reason never walked in the front door. I wish we had tried them sooner.

The resto has been under this management for 2 years and replaced a joint with a bad reputation -- so they have had an uphill climb -- and after 2 years they are clearly doing something right.

There isn't a lot of atmosphere here but if you want good solid mexican fare -- this is a wise and reasonably priced place for really nice food. Somehow we both ended up ordering chicken -- unusual for us -- hers in a fresh tomato ragout sort of thing and mine with mole -- both were well done, ample portions, choice of corn or flour tortillas, and we had good contact with our servers who were attentive without being intrusive. Entrees only here -- we were too full for dessert. Margaritas were huge and there actually WAS alcohol in them; not always the case with some of the places we've been.

All in all this is a place we'll return to. They have a senior menu from 11 till 3; I didn't see the sign until we were done eating.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Since my husband hadn't been to Ixtapa since the management changed it was the perfect reason to have dinner there after a busy day.

The warm tortilla chips and salsa, made fresh daily, whetted our appetites for a delicious dinner. With a draught Negra Modelo to quinch our thirst we caught up on the events of our day.

Being a chile relleno snob, I had to have one to see if it was as good as the previous visit. Once again I was pleased with a perfectly prepared poblano with melted cheese oozed out when I cut into the crispy batter with my fork. This time I had a taquito with it. Since I knew that would not reheat well, I ate it and less than half the of the relleno so I could take it home and enjoy it again.

My husband had the burrito especial. It was packed full of slightly seasoned shredded beef and was much more than enough to eat. Yummmm...........more leftovers!

Our favorite waiter, Cali, and Martha, the manager, provided just the right amount of attention and lively conversation.

We'll definitely be back soon!