“Service is very slow, some food is great, some not”
Review of Spice Bistro

Spice Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Under New Ownership since November 2015. Our goal is to achieve the highest level of culinary and service standards. We work hard to source local organic fruits and vegetables and regularly modify our menu to accommodate the seasons. Our beef comes from pure-bred steers born in the U.S. and fed a 100% vegetarian diet, free from sub-therapeutic antibiotics, growth hormones and Beta agonists. Our seafood has been caught using the sustainable traditional fishing method of hook and line. This method has minimal environmental impact and as all fish are caught live, it ensures they are in top condition before being stored in ice and delivered to us. We are a chef owned and operated establishment dedicated to obtaining only the freshest and best products to represent our food to give our guests an excellent dining experience.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Service is very slow, some food is great, some not”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The service is extremely slow, it took ever even to get the salad to start. the Mango chicken tasted good, but the sea food pot was too salty. The insider decoration was great.

• Visited July 2013

United States
“Garlic and great service!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stopped into Spice as a second choice because the more popular restaurant across the street had a 45 min. wait (and the hostess mentioned Spice as a sister restaurant). Honestly, my first impression was like entering Pier 1 Imports -- the restaurant had an eclectic and Asia night market feel without the noise. It worked. Our waitress was super-friendly though. I ordered a garlic seafood bouillabaise and WOW! I absolutely loved it! (The shrimp were a tad overcooked, but so what...it was still great!) Presentation was great and I tasted lots of garlic. My hubby had a steak and we ended the night with some cheesecake. Dessert was mighty good. I had a mojito that tasted too alcoholic and my hubby had a beer that he couldn't get enough of. Overall, it was a great, above-average, satisfying meal. Great value. We both walked away happy and full. I'd go back, definitely.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank appleface_sheryl
Florence
“not good”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I went there opening weekend, and had the ribs. They didn't have a good flavor and tasted like they had been reheated instead of made fresh. They were overpriced for what I got.

Visited June 2013
Eugene, Or
“Wonderful food, eclectic menu, beautiful presentation and a great value”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is the newest of the triad of restaurants run by Marianne - the top notch restauranteur in Florence. If you like the Waterfront Depot and you like a bit more of an Asian flair - and music - then this is the place to go. I ate there recently and ordered the Spice Delight - a variety of Dim Sum style appetizers artfully presented and accompanied by three savory and exotic sauces. If my mouth got it right their were cuisines from at least four countries on this plate. The large Thai rice paper salad roll was crunch and delicious. The Indian style samosas next to it were cooked perfectly and were wonderfully augmented with the sauces. The Chinese pot stickers were wonderful, as was a single Chinese Dim Sum pastry spiced up with wasabi - a Japanese mustard. The plate is designed as a main course, filled me up just fine and was only $13. In addition to this dish there are plenty of wonderful seafood dishes from around the world. Marianne does not serve any bland food - everything is savory and tasty to American palates. The service was very good, and they have a good wine selection. The restaurant is small with an intimate atmosphere - maybe 12 tables. Nicely decorated and lit - as each of her places are - with plates and presentation that augment the eclectic and beautiful food. And to complete the picture several nights a week there is music at dinner time. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
Cannon Beach, Oregon
“Small place, big taste”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Eclectic menu. Not too crowded (yet). Don't let the 'spice' scare you. Most menu items are not too 'spicy' - I'd describe it as 'full of flavor.' Flavors the chef is able to bring out out are comforting and exciting at the same time. Spicy Seafood Pot was over the top, again not too spicy. Salmon cooked perfectly. Desserts are pretty good too, try the brownie. Service is top notch. Not overly attentive, but right there when you need something. When visitors ask me where to eat in Florence, this is the first place I recommend.

• Visited June 2013