“The Sand Dunes”

John Dellenback Dunes Trail
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My girlfriend and I took our two dogs with us (see picture) on this scenic trail. It was roughly 2 1/2 miles to travel across the dunes, through a small forest and reach the Pacific Ocean and it was DEFINITELY worth it. This place is beautiful BUT I should warn you there is a small price to pay...every now and then the wind will whip up a handful of sand grains and toss them right at you...it's an interesting feeling...the dogs thought so too! Also, make sure you follow the posts along the way; they lead to the correct entrance through the forest...you'll see what I mean. Enjoy! Most definitely worth it.

P.S. There is a bathroom at the beginning of the trail before reaching the sand dunes and you do have to pay $5.00 (honor system) to park.

4  Thank vyakal