“Great Time”

Torex ATV Rentals
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Great Time”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone looking to ride the sand dunes. We had never rode ATVs before, but the staff was more than accommodating.

Visited September 2013

Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lov'n the Dunes on Vacation”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

ATV's , Family, & Friends! These Guy's do a Great Job with the Rookies (Us) I took a Group of 9 people on the first day and had to talk another 8 of our Group into going the following day. I am Digging the Dunes. Bikes run Great, just be sure to read all the details, No Insurance - If it breaks You pay for it.... but I do think they do what they can to maitain the equiptment and try to be fair when something breaks. It's never fun to finish an hour of fun and then be told thier ATV broke and You are responsible for it. Guy's figure something out, the word traveled fast with-in our group (60 people) even if it was only $35.
Thanks for a Great time (twice) and will be back when I find myself in Florence again.
Ken

Visited August 2013
Kent, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not for beginners”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Torex staff was real nice and provided some good information for us, but nothing is as easy as it looks. I've always wanted to ride an ATV, so I rented 2 of them (one for my 15 year old son, and one for me). We were a little overwhelmed how big the dunes area were and there was a lot of blowing sand that day which made it difficult to see some of the bumps and hills. We were only riding for about 5 minutes when we both crashed our ATV's going over a 4 ft drop, which we didn't see coming. As a result my son broke his wrist and we had to pay an extra $40 bucks to replace a couple of flags.

By no means to I fault the staff or the equipment. In fact, the helmets probably save us from more serious injury. And if I ever get a chance to do it again... I would.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank pwells9816
emjaty
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great fun!! Our family of 5 rented 5 4 wheelers for an hour of riding the sand dunes. Great customer service! They gave us instructions, showed us the boundaries and set us free. The 2 guys running the place even stayed out on the dunes a bit to make sure we were ok, which was good because a couple of us got stuck at the same time and they were there to help push us out.It can be dangerous, as our daughter did roll hers within the first min. She was OK, but you do have to be careful. Once we all got a hang of it, we had a wonderful time. Just go slow and listen to their advice and instructions!! We got a great deal and felt that our safety was their top priority! Equipment was great too! Would definitely return as our family had a blast!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank emjaty
Burnaby, Canada
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Great time for our family”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was a bit hesitant at first to rent an ATV for my 14 yr old son instead of the mini-ATV. We decided on 2-ATVs and a 2 person Rhino for my wife and daughter, instead of going on a sandrail ride from other companies.

The staff were friendly, as we completed the liability forms, given the safety discussion, and led out to the sand dunes. Make sure that you leave enough space in between the ATVs, as you do not want to damage what is not your's and you need to have pretty good speed to go up some steep hills.

Our 30 minute rental went by quickly. But it took a few minutes to find our son, as he had followed someone else instead of his father. An hour rental would be fun, but probably too long for us. keep an eye out for other riders, especially if they are busy.

Ride smart and take their advice - slow down as you come up to the top of a hill, stop with the ATV pointed downhill, and ride in control of the vehicle.

Definitely worth doing if you have the opportunity. Thanks Torex!!!

Visited August 2012