“Lov'n the Dunes on Vacation”
Review of Torex ATV Rentals

Torex ATV Rentals
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lov'n the Dunes on Vacation”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

ATV's , Family, & Friends! These Guy's do a Great Job with the Rookies (Us) I took a Group of 9 people on the first day and had to talk another 8 of our Group into going the following day. I am Digging the Dunes. Bikes run Great, just be sure to read all the details, No Insurance - If it breaks You pay for it.... but I do think they do what they can to maitain the equiptment and try to be fair when something breaks. It's never fun to finish an hour of fun and then be told thier ATV broke and You are responsible for it. Guy's figure something out, the word traveled fast with-in our group (60 people) even if it was only $35.
Thanks for a Great time (twice) and will be back when I find myself in Florence again.
Ken

Visited August 2013

Kent, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not for beginners”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Torex staff was real nice and provided some good information for us, but nothing is as easy as it looks. I've always wanted to ride an ATV, so I rented 2 of them (one for my 15 year old son, and one for me). We were a little overwhelmed how big the dunes area were and there was a lot of blowing sand that day which made it difficult to see some of the bumps and hills. We were only riding for about 5 minutes when we both crashed our ATV's going over a 4 ft drop, which we didn't see coming. As a result my son broke his wrist and we had to pay an extra $40 bucks to replace a couple of flags.

By no means to I fault the staff or the equipment. In fact, the helmets probably save us from more serious injury. And if I ever get a chance to do it again... I would.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank pwells9816
emjaty
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great fun!! Our family of 5 rented 5 4 wheelers for an hour of riding the sand dunes. Great customer service! They gave us instructions, showed us the boundaries and set us free. The 2 guys running the place even stayed out on the dunes a bit to make sure we were ok, which was good because a couple of us got stuck at the same time and they were there to help push us out.It can be dangerous, as our daughter did roll hers within the first min. She was OK, but you do have to be careful. Once we all got a hang of it, we had a wonderful time. Just go slow and listen to their advice and instructions!! We got a great deal and felt that our safety was their top priority! Equipment was great too! Would definitely return as our family had a blast!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank emjaty
Burnaby, Canada
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Great time for our family”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was a bit hesitant at first to rent an ATV for my 14 yr old son instead of the mini-ATV. We decided on 2-ATVs and a 2 person Rhino for my wife and daughter, instead of going on a sandrail ride from other companies.

The staff were friendly, as we completed the liability forms, given the safety discussion, and led out to the sand dunes. Make sure that you leave enough space in between the ATVs, as you do not want to damage what is not your's and you need to have pretty good speed to go up some steep hills.

Our 30 minute rental went by quickly. But it took a few minutes to find our son, as he had followed someone else instead of his father. An hour rental would be fun, but probably too long for us. keep an eye out for other riders, especially if they are busy.

Ride smart and take their advice - slow down as you come up to the top of a hill, stop with the ATV pointed downhill, and ride in control of the vehicle.

Definitely worth doing if you have the opportunity. Thanks Torex!!!

Visited August 2012
Renton, WA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dad and Three Sons”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We used Trorex’s services August 15 and had a great time. They have excellent service and take great care to provide a fun adventure with as much consideration to safety as possible. Two of my sons (19 and 17) used standard size quads while my youngest son (15) and I used the two seat Rhino AWD. All vehicles worked well.

This is a somewhat adventurous activity for rugged-minded individuals. There are hazards. Torex does an excellent job briefing you on the hazards, especially if you’re a first time sand-duner. My son I and in the Rhino had a minor mishap within the first few minutes of our one
hour rental. I let myself get distracted by a local tour helicopter buzzing very low overhead and drove off a two foot drop of a dune’s backside. There are plenty of these, some much higher. We were lucky. We got thumped hard, but we were OK, thanks to the provided full enclosed helmets and seatbelts.

The quads that my two older sons used were a bit faster at about 25 mph compared to the Rhino’s (20 mph). That seems plenty fast, though. One of my sons kept getting stuck whereas my other son never did. It was not too difficult for me -- the old dad -- to muscle the machine out. The quads are rear wheel drive only. If you over maneuver or stop pointing uphill, good luck.

There are other tour companies providing sand dune passenger rides in larger and relatively more stable vehicles. They would often pass through our area and all seemed to be having a good time.

Have fun with Torex, but be careful!

Visited August 2012