“Food good, service awful and totally unprofessional.”
Review of Best Thai Cuisine

Best Thai Cuisine
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Thai
Eureka, California
“Food good, service awful and totally unprofessional.”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The waitress is surly and lacks any sort of professionalism. We walked into the restaurant to find said waitress sitting in a booth with her friends. She waved us on and told us to sit wherever we wanted, not bothering to get up and seat us herself or even managing so much as a smile. We took a seat and waited while she continued her loud conversation with her two juvenile friends (typical teenage talk that you would expect in McDonalds).

Finally, she decided to trouble herself with getting us menus and shoved them down in front of us without much more than a grunt. The rest of the meal progressed the same way. Needless to say, her tip reflected the quality of service ($0); we simply couldn't reward her poor behavior. We eat out a lot and I think this is only the second time in ten years that we have not left any tip.

It was 6:30pm and we (and her friends) were the only ones in the restaurant; this wasn't a surprise after witnessing how this person interacts with customers. While we were there, someone called in a to-go order and experienced the same abysmal service -- like everything was such a bother to her.

We won't be going back, which is really too bad as the food was decent. If an owner/manager can allow such things to happen under their nose (the kitchen looks right into the dining room), then they've set the bar and accepted that this level of service is fine for them. Expect that they will be out of business in no time.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank DarlaDazzle

Florence, Oregon
“The name says it all!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is some of the best ( if not the best ) Thai food I've had anywhere. I just can't say anything negative. The host is friendly with good, quick service. Excellent food!

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Great Thai in Florence”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Some of the tastiest Pad Thai that I've ever had and I used to live near Thai Town in LA! Courteous staff and very good prices as well, another great meal in Florence!

• Visited October 2012
BEAVERTON
“Great food, friendly staff and reasonable prices!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This place has very good Thai food, their deep fried tofu is delicious and so are their noodle dishes. I have eaten there three or four times, different items each time, and they were all excellent. The prices are reasonable and the servings generous. A good place for lunch or dinner in Florence.

Visited July 2012
St. George, Utah
“no my favorite color isn't plaid,”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am probably not qualified to review a Thai cafe as I eat it so rarely. We (wife and I) ordered fried crab wonton as appetizer. Expected a won ton wrapper filled with cream cheese. What we got was 1/2 egg roll wrapper folded over krab (artificial crab) and deep fried unsealed. Artificial crab on the Oregon coast??? It was greasy and tasteless. We then had chicken pad thai. I am unqualified to comment as to its authenticity but it was edible and I cleaned my plate. What service we got was friendly but my water glass was empty through most of my meal and still empty when we got the bill and waiter ignored it. Place is old and worn with holes in carpet but appeared to be spottlessly clean. I will probably not go back and the whole meal will soon be forgotten as it is not memorable in any way. Prices were cheap for Oregon coast but so is McDonald's.

• Visited July 2012