“Aroy Maak! Very Delicious”
Review of Best Thai Cuisine

Best Thai Cuisine
Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Sacramento, California
“Aroy Maak! Very Delicious”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My Dishes--All very good.

Som Tum Thai: Green Papaya Salad... I asked for Thai Hot...it wasn't but it still was very good.

Yam Nua: Meat Salad...excellent flavor...lots of seasoned lightly cooked beef with some tomatoes and cucumber.

Condiment:
Prik Nam Pla: (diluted fish sauce with sliced green thai chilis--used to salt and spice up the food)--This restaurant had a very good fresh version of this standard Thai condiment...I had to ask for it as it is not standard on 95% of USA Thai restaurant tables...In Thailand, a table is not seen without it.

I should have gotten rice on the side...I forgot and I wasn't asked.
Also no Chang beer, only the very commercial Singha.

Very Large portions with fresh ingredients. I ordered two salads...ate until full, took the rest and have had two more meals with the leftovers.

Having lived in Northern Thailand for 18 months I am hesitant to try any Thai Restaurant in USA since many fall short of giving me REAL AUTHENTIC Thai Food.
Best Thai Cuisine pleased me with these two dishes.

I will not even try a Thai Restaurant that does not serve Som Tum Thai (Green Papaya Salad) as it tells me--This place makes food only for USA, not real Thai Food.

Added benefit for me: I was able to practice my quickly disappearing Thai vocabulary with the waiter.
Another indicator for me: if the wait staff in a Thai Restaurant does not know even my rudimentary Thai vocabulary---I will not stay.

I really enjoyed my meal at Best Thai...I hope you do as well.
If the restaurant reads this review:
ADD:
Pad Pak Boon Fye Dang and Yam Ma Muang onto your menu...when in season.

• Visited July 2011