“sushi middle o the road”
Review of Ichiban Restaurant - CLOSED

Ichiban Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: We have moved to the new Location at: 1179 Highway101, Florence. Full Service Restaurant for Lunch and Dinner with Chinese and Japanese Cuisine. Fresh Sushi every day. Lunch Special is available on Monday-Friday 11:00am-3:00pm start with $5.50 and $6.95. Bento is available for all day. We also have a Chinese Dinner Combo serve with a cup of soup, even for to go. Take out is welcome to call in or walk-in. Full Bar with cocktail, ATM and Lottery in the Lounge. DJ on Friday and Saturday Night start at 10:00pm to close.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Had the fishiest (not fresh) ichiban aka yellowtail in my life (47 yrs). Didn't get sick but not the buttery nummy I am used to. PS I live in Central Oregon.

Unagi rolls were fine, but it's a cooked roll so......

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Just wanted something not American, Italian or Seafood. Food is not greasy and very tasty. Usually split a meal and couldn't even finish my half.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have to say that I never stop on the road for Asian food unless I know the restaurant or we're in a fairly ethnic setting. And I never go to restaurants that serve two Asian cuisines - i.e. Thai and Chinese; Japanese and Chinese, etc... I broke both rules and VERY HAPPY that I did so.

The food was excellent including the raw fish quality and freshness. Both my wife and I really liked their dishes. And, they were excellent with children - free food for kids <10 yrs old. Nice touch. Staff was very friendly - they made a mistake on the order and just gave us the food w/o charging us and then brought the correct dish. Overall, I would go back in a heartbeat. Staff was super pleasant and helpful. Prices were perfectly set - around $40-50 for us.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the first chinese/japanese restaurant I ate at in Florence. It is delicious - both the sushi and chinese cuisine. I have ate at two other chinese restaurants in Florence since then. In my opinion, they do not compare. We have even converted out father-in-law who is 87 years old and was unaware of this restaurant. He took a few bites and exclaimed..."this tastes like quality!" The service is excellent and price is affordable.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Excellent inexpensive senior and special meals--sushi and other dishes