“Budget motel quality yet treated like royalty on our anniversary!”
Review of Silver Sands Motel

Silver Sands Motel
Silver Sands Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed there on our anniversary in September 2012. The manager and her partner went above and beyond our wildest dreams to make the stay and our time memorable. The kindness poured in greater than any I have received in 4 star hotels. The rooms are not luxury but the people who managed the place treated us like royalty! I tell everyone I meet who might stay in Florence how kind they were.. If I am ever an instant millionaire I will totally remodel that place for free for them.. What heart.. I cant say enough how I appreciate their care when we had very little to spend on a room and our anniversary!! #14 Thank you!! I hope things are going well for you and that you are still there! Sincerely, Shell

Room Tip: Our room had a king size bed and a couch plus microwave, fridge, table and a nice enough tv.. the be...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I needed a cheap hotel that wasn't too run down. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was as expected. Old, out of date but VERY clean. The walls are paper thin! I would stay here again. Great location right off Hwy 101. I felt very safe here.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I only stayed at the Silver Sands because it was the only room in town. My room was on the second floor and it was pretty poor. Each step while in the room resulted in creaking floor boards. Okay, I could deal with that. Trouble was, each step by the folks in both adjoining rooms resulted in the same (loud) creaking noises.
Okay, I could deal with that by sleeping with earplugs installed in my ear canal. No problem.
What I could not deal with was the incredible number of red welts cause my the bedbugs! Holy Raid, Batman!
Pulling back the sheets and carefully inspecting the mattress revealed a veritable Times Square at midnight on New Year's Eve crowd of the little rascals.
Folks, if you have to sleep in your car, DO NOT STAY AT THE SILVER SANDS MOTEL!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank tominseattle
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Growing up an hour from Florence, I've stayed in nearly every hotel along the coast. This is by far THE WORST!! We checked in, dropped off our stuff, then spent the day at the beach. It was night when we got back, so we just wanted sleep. Pulled back the covers and holy crap! The entire box spring was rotted down to the springs! Someone say bedbugs? The sheets had some reddish stained droplets I can assume were blood. We ended up driving home then! We were in the room for close to 30 min in total, but since we checked in earlier, no refund. I wish we would've taken the time to look around room earlier. Completely filthy disgusting carpet. Cigarette burns, fridge didn't work, never tried microwave. Also half a roll of toilet paper with no more in the room! A very poor choice for a guy trying to save a few bucks. I'll spend the extra 10 or 20 and go ANYWHERE else next time!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank A-train911
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay on the coast for the weekend. We stayed in Newport one night and then the next night we drove down the coast. I was looking for something decently priced and this was not it! We went out to a nice dinner and then headed back to the motel. We got inside and the windows were open in the room and it was cold. We turned the heat on comfort zone which was about 70 degrees on the thermostat and the room felt like it was 85 degrees all night. The tv remote did not work. The refrigerator and microwave were shorted out and did not work properly. The continual shorting out of the fridge was the most annoying sound ever. The sink had a continual dripping of water and thus, rust stains were in the sink. There was mold all over in the bathroom and the sheets on the bed were stained. The place is run down. We went to sleep and were woke up at 1 am by two guys that were placed in the room to the right of us. They were up talking until almost 1:30 am as the walls are paper thin. Once they finally went to sleep I could hear them snoring as if they were in our room. We were woke up at about 6 am to the couple in the room directly left of us having loud intimate sessions. The walls are paper thin and my wife and I did not get any peace and relaxation here. There are other motels around that are 20 to 30 dollars more. Take my word for it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you purchase if you have to stay at a motel this cheap.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed March 17, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. We went up there for a funeral and rented a room, made a reservation online and the office was so messy that they couldn"t even find our reservation. When we got to our room it smelled so bad ( non smoking room that reaked of smoke) I had to go back and tell them that they would have to give us another room. We got our other room and the sink was stopped up, there were stains on the sheets and mattresses, floor was stained, the only heat was a space heater that was filthy, couldn"t get a wake up call because no one would answer the phone in office. No coffee pot in room. Absolute the filthiest, nastiest and most poorly run motel I have ever seen

Room Tip: Pick the Park Motel or anywhere else. Would have rather slept in car or tent
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Don M
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed here last year while touring the coastal highway. We had been camping all along the way but it would not stop raining so we decided to get a cheap hotel for the night. We paid $50 for the night and we both agree we would have rathered to sleep in our tent. The room smelled awful...someone had probably been smoking meth in it the night before. We had to go across the street and buy febreeze, douse the room, and air it out so we could stay there comfortably. The service was poor. The only positive was that it was dry and warm...something we needed at the time. I am sure there are other $50 rooms in Florence that are better than this. Keep driving!

Room Tip: Maybe check out a few rooms and see which one does not smell bad!
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple