“Nice little place”

Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a rustic Italian and seafood restaurant, with full bar and outdoor dining. We offer daily specials as well as dessert menu.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We ended up here at the recommendation of a local since we couldn't get reservations at the #1 place in town. The crab ceasar salad was delicious (with lots of fresh crab), the manicoti was perfect, and the bbq pizza was tangy and tasty. The Italian wedding cake was a great choice to end this meal.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We chose this place for a late lunch/early dinner because it looked cozy and inviting. It turned out to be happy hour, so we got a great deal on beer. I ordered a pizza and it was delicious. We sat outside behind the restaurant on in a covered patio area which was quiet and lovely.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't decide what restraunt to go to so we decided to meet in the middle and go somewhere where they had what everyone wanted. This turned out to be the best Italian food I've ever had. I had a VERY delicious baked lasagna and a GREAT chocolate cake for dessert. They prices where very reasonable and the staff were very helpful and nice. I had only one complaint. Who I'm presuming is the owner or manager, sat at the bar and drank wine the whole time. Overall though, VERY good.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We found this little gem by accident and I am glad we did. My husband and I planned on eating at a near by place but it was closed so we came here . The place is small but it is super good food and the staff are friendly and good . Their pesto and bread are the best I have had ! The pizzas are good too . I cannot wait to try it again .

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The menu is eclectic - although there are a number of items that you would classify as Italian - it does not fit neatly into the usual American Italian restaurant mold. The owner has several excellent restaurants in Old Town (including our favorite the Waterfront Depot) - and she does an excellent job of providing quality food and value with nice ambiance at each of these. Portion sizes are modest - which is one way she keeps prices down (about half of what you might expect in other similar restaurants). You won't go away hungry - but you won't be stuffed either. Various preparations of halibut accompanied by pasta with their delicious red sauce are our favorites here. But they have much more - many delicious items on the menu to choose from including lots of pasta dishes - ravioli, spaghetti manicotti etc. But also seafood salads, seafood and meat dishes. Not a lot of seating here - so during busy times it can be hard to get a table. Weather permitting - they seat outside to increase capacity. No views here - it is on the opposite side of the street from the river. During our last visit service was not up to par - but it was a holiday weekend and they were slammed - I don't think they had enough staff to handle it. Normally service is good however.