“Very good, but not fantastic”
Review of 1285 Restobar

1285 Restobar
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a rustic Italian and seafood restaurant, with full bar and outdoor dining. We offer daily specials as well as dessert menu.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Overall good experience, my wife had the scampi and I had the crab cakes and the fish stew. Crab cakes had very good flavour but not a ton of crab, actually tastes like a potatoe cake. The shrimp scampi although very fresh were average. The fish stew, a house specialty, had excellent flavour but the seafood was slightly overlooked. A shame for fresh seafood. Overall a very nice experience, I'm partial due to my culinary background but would recommend this to others. After reading other reviews in this town I would consider this a winner!

There are newer reviews for 1285 Restobar

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Restobar is all about comfort. The environment is comfortable and unpretentious, the staff are engaging and efficient, and the food is unpretentious and put together with flavors and presentation to sooth the soul. The owner is vigilant to quality of the experience for all of her customers.

Visiting here was part of a 12 day road trip down the Oregon Coast and Northern California. Only a few of the places we stopped warranted our notice, including Restobar. While there are many more expensive restaurants you can find in Florence, all of which are good, I think that value for the money and certainly the whole experience is best found at Restobar.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nice, well stocked bar, with happy hour in the afternoon.
Italian food cooked fresh in open kitchen.
Many customers seemed to be locals.
Rear conservatory seating available.
Food is fresh and tasty and not too expensive.
Good alternative to Waterfront Depot across the street if you can't get a reservation there, and owned by the same person, who obviously has a keen eye for fine dining at reasonable prices in this town.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We discovered this restaurant about 18 months ago by just walking by. We regularly make the 45 minute drive to the coast for lunch and 1285 Restobar is our usual destination. The 1285 burger is fantastic (lunch menu only). We have asked for items on other menus and the chef has accomidated everytime. Yes, they get overwhelmed at times during tourist season. I recommend you get a pint of the Pils, a seat in the back with a blanket and relax..... Overall, the staff has always been helpfully and friendly.
Recommendations:
Lunch:
1285 burger with salad
Dungeness Crab Melt with chips....the saltyness adds a nice balance
Spaghetti & Meat Balls
Dinner:
Cioppino...I just wish the portion was bigger....I think it was in the past....
Crab Cakes
Pizza

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a great place to grab a quick lunch, or linger with friends over a bottle of wine. They have outside seating behind, not much of a view, but its just a cool little place to go.... I've driven over from my home (50 miles) to have dinner with friends here.... I love this little place!!