“Cute, small, Great food!!!”
Review of 1285 Restobar

1285 Restobar
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Eugene, Oregon
“Cute, small, Great food!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a great place to grab a quick lunch, or linger with friends over a bottle of wine. They have outside seating behind, not much of a view, but its just a cool little place to go.... I've driven over from my home (50 miles) to have dinner with friends here.... I love this little place!!

Visited September 2012

calgary
“What a great meal!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was a highlight meal of our 9 day Oregon coast trip. The house specialty "Herb Crusted Halibut" was fantastic, served with parmesan mashed potatoes and a green salad. My husband had a pizza, also delicious and a perfect one person size.
My only constructive comment would be to serve a complimentary bread basket, while waiting for the entree to arrive.Service was flat at the beginning, but the server seemd to"warm up" as the meal wore on.

• Visited September 2012
ewell, surrey
“Don’t Bother, Appalling Service”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

One of the things we always appreciate when we visit the USA is the level of service we receive in shops and restaurants. However, our meal here was the exception to the rule. We arrived just after 8pm and were greeted with “oh you want a table, well you better have this one” - not a friendly start. The table was just inside the door and it was chilly every time customers came and went, but it was the only one available and we were very hungry.

Then we waited…and waited …and waited for our server to bring the menus and offer some drinks. No-one appeared. After at least twenty minutes of being ignored my 16 yr old daughter had had enough, she got up, walked across to the bar and brought some menus over. In the meantime people who had come into the restaurant after us were having their orders taken. We quickly decided what food we wanted and waited …and waited … and waited before finally asking a passing member of staff if she could help. “Well, I’m not your server but I suppose I can,” came the curt, disinterested reply. At this point we should have walked out but it was pretty late and we were ravenous. Whilst she was there we took the opportunity to order some drinks.

After a more reasonable delay the food arrived, 1 vegetarian pizza which had the most meager helping of cheese on top, and 2 lasagnas which had a strange layer of something unidentifiable towards the bottom and were just about edible.

To add insult to injury all the time we were desperate to be served the middle-aged woman who originally seated us, possibly the owner, was drifting around welcoming regulars like long lost friends and wandering outside leaving the door open every time. There obviously appears to be a two tier system going on here and if this is how they treat tourists then they deserve lousy reviews. Before posting this review I double checked on Trip Advisor to see whether we were just unfortunate that evening but it appears not, as others have suffered in the same way.

For the first time ever we left an American eatery without leaving a tip.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank ewell_tourist
wisconsin
“Excellent Food, Very Friendly atmosphere BUT very slow service”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am sad to have to rate this restaurant as only average the Food was excellent, the menu was great, the people were very friendly. But the service was so SLOW. I had thought at several times they forgot about me. I ate outside and I debated in the beginning before my order was taken if I should just walk away. I thought they had forgotten about me. Suggestion, maybe tell them you are in a hurry or only have a limited amount of time to eat?!?!?

• Visited September 2012
Lacey, Washington
“Nice restaurant but they kept running out of food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a very successful restaurant - and it's well deserved. Nice decor. Excellent food. Our only complaint was that with just about everything we ordered, the waitress had to come back and say they were out of it. My husband ordered a certain beer - "sorry we're out." I ordered an appetizer. She came back "Sorry, we're out." Our friends ordered the special. She came back and said "Now I'm really getting embarrassed but we're out of it." So again - the food was excellent. The service was very good. They just need to realize they are a restaurant with a lot of customers and get used to ordering the proper amounts of food so that they can actually serve the things that are on their menu.

Visited July 2012