“Don't order the steak....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 1285 Restobar

1285 Restobar
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Florence, Oregon, United States
“Don't order the steak....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I've told lots of people that the Restobar is the best restaurant on Bay Street and I still think it is. Tonight I ordered steak, which is the true test of a really great place to eat. Very few chefs know how to cut or prepare a great steak anymore. Mary Ann also owns the Waterfront Depot across the street and in 2011, I ordered a steak there too. Neither steak, at either restaurant was a meal I'd recommend someone order. The steak at the Waterfront Depot was way overcooked and the steak I got tonight at Restobar was the thickness of a piece of paper and would have fit in the palm of my hand.

A steak should be a meal someone talks about for days. Cooked as ordered, a healthy cut that would make any hungry man happy, and look like an advertisement for the Outback. Those kinds of steak are very rare indeed. I'd stick to fish if I were Mary Ann.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Candy450

Florence, Oregon
“Best Italian and Pizza This Side of Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Located near the Siuslaw River in Florence's Old Town district, this restaurant is a favorite with locals. Their pizzas are incredible, and taste to me like the closest thing To Italian that I've eaten since leaving Tuscany! WeI order a half- Italian Margherita and half- Greek Pesto Pizza, and it's sublime. Nice choice of beers and wines, too. Warm, cozy ambience. This place seems to fill up with devoted customers even on weekdays during the Winter Storm Season, so go early if you're eating lunch here. Prices are very reasonable. My husband and I share the large custom-made pizza with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for $14. Yep, that's $7 each for a meal that tastes delicious, in a nice ambience, with good service. If you sit by the front windows, you can also watch the Siuslaw River drawbridge and see the boats and seals go by.

Visited March 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Great oyster sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

We were headed to TA’s #1 pick for restaurants in Florence, Waterfront Depot. Upon our arrival, the chef came out and explained they were only open for dinner (hence, why reservations are mandatory) and he suggested Restobar right across the street. He explained the two restaurants share the same ownership. Even though the weather outside was cold and raining, Restobar’s cozy atmosphere and delicious food revived our spirits. They had a good number of local brews on tap. My husband chose one of the daily specials, a yellow fin tuna sandwich, which was good. But my grilled “Palermo style”(which turned out to be a slightly spicy seasoning) oyster sandwich was exceptional. The oysters were locally sourced and huge, stretching across the ciabatta roll. They had been carefully cooked to preserve their delicate taste and texture. The included side salads were fresh with a mixture of greens. If you are in Florence looking for a place for lunch, I would definitely give them a try.

• Visited March 2012
chico
“wow!! what is up with that!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

was excited to come here, as it was reccomended to us by the really nice gal at our hotel. walked up to the door with hubby and daughter and was greeted by a harrassed looking gentleman. he asked if he could help us, and we told him we would like a table for 3. he looked at us and told us that all the tables were full. i asked if we could put our name on the wait list and he just shook his head and said they were too full!! i asked how long the wait would be, since i was just fine with sitting outside and watching the sun go down and chatting with my family. he informed me they don't have a waitlist and he couldn't help me!! really??? I don't get it, the only thing i can think is maybe he didn't want a child in there, but my daughter is very well behaved, and she's 10 years old, so it's not like she is a cryer. i looked in the windows and saw other children younger then her as well. It also crossed my mind that maybe it was the way we were dressed ( jeans and nice tops) but there were way more casuelly dressed people in there as well. We had been playing on the beach before going to dinner, so I am sure our hairsyles were pretty interesting, so maybe we looked to poor to eat there.. i donno!! I have no idea what called for the rudeness, but I don't think I have ever been treated as rudley when trying to give business to an establishment!! Especially in this economy, you would think that businesses would try a little harder to bring in customers, not kick them away from the door!! can't believe this happened, but ended up going nextdoor to the fireman resturant and had what is probably the best dinner ever!!

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank michelleh191
Florence, Oregon
“Fresh and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We go to 1285 Restobar for special occasions because we know we'll always be served excellent food at a good value. Service is prompt and friendly. We try to get a window seat so we can people-watch on Bay St.

• Visited December 2011