“Delightful tearoom”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 541-902-0502
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Lovejoy's looks nondescript from the outside, but when I looked at the menu I decided to go inside. What a delightful place! Don't go in if you're in a hurry. The staff are very friendly and determined to visit with each customer. The food is wonderful and reasonable. I had the Dover Sole lunch. Next time I'm in Florence I'll have high tea. It's so much nicer than the big seafood places on the river.

2  Thank kikinw

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Very friendly staff. They will take care of ya. A bit of odds and in snack stuff can be purchased as well.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I first stumbled on Lovejoy's on a camping trip with school friends in, oh, I think it was 1998--so when I found myself hungry in Florence last summer I was glad to see it was still around. It's also as good as I remembered it. It doesn't look like much from the outside--standard seaside Oregon town buildings--but inside is a whole different story. The family who run it are lovely (and noting my accent, asked where I'd come from--while originally a PacNW native, I've been in Wales now long enough to sound it...a bit of comparing family history, and we might even be long-lost distant cousins? Or at least it's nice to think so..). At any rate, I was definitely ready for a proper British cuppa by this point and it was definitely delivered! We had a lovely lunch as well--I had quiche and clam chowder, though the sample we had of salmon bisque was also delicious, and followed it up with real scones. So for a PacNW ex-pat back from Britain, this really is a perfect combination!

The only tiny flaw (though an understandable one for a family-run business) is that they're only open between 11 and 3, so you can really only have lunch OR a full tea, and not both! But we tried anyway.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This Brotish Tea Room is complete with real Brits, who provide very tasty meals at reasonable prices while serving you with panache and British accents. They offer High Tea and other tea and meal combinations, a daily special, a Wonderful ambience, and a great location just across from the Harbor in Florence's Old Town. Theiir Salmon Bisque Soup is a favorite with locals. The little sandwiches and petit fours and the amazing variety of teas complement the walls filled with shelves of Brotish teapots and tea cozys- also for sale.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

A fun mother, daughter or large group outing. Great tea and sandwiches.