“Smelley,Dirty, and awful food”
Review of Beachcomber Tavern

Beachcomber Tavern
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The place smells like a sewer. The service is very slow. The fish and chips were awful greasy. The burgers poor quality of beef. The place is very dirty. Would not recommend it.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

They have the best BLT and hamburgers on bay street. I have only had breakfast and lunch there many times, so cannot comment on dinner.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have been going to the Beachcomber for years. I have occasion to be in Florence for about 6-8 weekends every year, and on most of them we go into the Beachcomber. This fall we were there on Halloween weekend, and the costume party was especially amusing! They have a very good selection of beer, the food is great, and the staff is friendly. Stop in and have a beer----

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name....
Even if you're on vacation. And that's what we got at the Beachcombers Pub and Grill. Well, the waitress didn't know MY name, but she knew everyone else's name. This definitely seemed like a local hangout. And my camera-toting, sunscreen-wearing, goofy-smiling self sat down among a bunch of local bikers and felt perfectly at home.

Great beer selection. Casual atmosphere (duh - it IS a pub). Excellent, attentive service. The food was pretty good, too. My hubby liked his fish-n-chips and my shrimp sandwich was good. I'm not an expert on chowder (I'm a Texan after all) but I definitely enjoyed the chowder here. ("chow-deR"? or "chow-dah"? In east Texas we'd just say "that there soup with all kinds of ditch critters in it")

Definitely give them a try!

Reviewed May 28, 2011

I had lost my notes about this place and had to go online to confirm the name of it. I was taken aback at some reviews of the place from another web site which I saw today.
Earlier in May, my friend and I found the place by chance. We had driven south and were headed towards Shore Acres. After finding old town, we stopped for breakfast at a neighboring place. The waitress neglected to greet us and told us what was not available; and, she was a snot. We left that establishment.
We stopped at the Beachcomber when we saw several tables of folks outside the place with their dogs. We liked that.
Robert was our server, if memory is correct. He was helpful and polite. I ordered huevos rancheros and my friend ordered an omelette.
The cook was Dede and she was honored with a birthday serenade the day we were there.
Our food was excellent and the portions generous. I believe the omelette was the largest either my friend or I had ever seen: it literally covered 3/4 of the plate. We enjoyed the meal. It cost around $15.00 for the 2 of us.
When I went to the restroom, I discovered something. Next to the toilet, there was the previous days newspaper posted to the stall wall for reading! What a kick that was. That was a first.
The place appeared to be large and there were many beer signs and such to entertain you while sipping a few. There was an enormous boar's head on the wall(I believe that is what is was)!. It appeared to be a great place to have a few drinks.