“Good food and nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kelly's Cantina - CLOSED

Kelly's Cantina
Cuisines: American, Soups, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A relaxing atmosphere on the Siuslaw River. Comfortable, non traditional patio furniture that encourages you to sit back and relax as if you are truly on vacation. Even the locals feel as if they have had a break from everyday life!
Santa Barbara, California
“Good food and nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The food was tasty and we had a riverside table with binoculars to view the scenery. Salads were fresh and the house vinaigrette was divine. If I must pick a flaw it would be the lack of any beers on tap and the mismatched decor. Has potential to be a great restaurant with a great atmosphere, but for now we felt like it seemed as if they were new and still figuring it out (in terms of decor only). We were surprised it wasn't busier than it was. Two different sets of people left the restaurant raving about the fresh food as we entered to have our dinner. We agree!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Danielle805

Paris, France
“Good food and views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Loved this cute little place right on the river. It was recommended to us by a shop owner a few doors down. We were seated next to the window with nice views. They even had two pairs of binoculars on the ledge for the customers to use although not sure what exactly there is to see out there in particular. The only negative point was that in spite of the fact that we were having a late lunch and there weren't many people in the restaurant, the service was pretty slow. The food was good though and made up for that. I had the fish tacos and they were really good. The people I was with had the seafood chowder and the fish dish which they both really enjoyed. Reasonable prices, too. I'd definitely return if I ever go back to Florence.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MiaGlobetrotter
Florence, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We tried to eat here. We were seated quickly and brought silverware and menus. That was the last we saw of anyone. No offers for drinks or food. A second couple came in and were taken water and drinks immediately. After we'd been sitting for at least 10 minutes the waiter took the order for the other couple. We walked out. The menu is very limited.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Vicki J
redheadedmermaid, Owner at Kelly's Cantina, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I am really sorry for your experience! There are times during the summer when we are so busy that sometimes we miss something. We strive to take good care of our customers. After all we want you to have a good experience and return. I hope you would come back and give us a chance to see if we could provide you with a great dining experience.
Paradise, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem on the Siuslaw River, a must try while in Florence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stopped in for lunch while boating on the Siuslaw River with two of my friends. The atmosphere is homey and comfortable with a full bar and a decent selection of beers (more Oregon beers please). The menu is extensive with a great selection to cover most all appetites. I had the fettuccine in a white sauce with clams special of the day. The sauce was rich and delicious with ample amounts of clam. With it came a cup of clam chowder ( ok, I love clams). The chowder was thinner than I would expect, but very flavorful and the clams were joined with fresh crab to my delight. My lady friend had the flat iron steak sandwich on a ciabatta bun with blue cheese and carmalized onions. There wasn't much talking from that end of the table. My other friend had the chicken sandwich with a side of their roasted red pepper chipotle soup. What a great marriage of flavors. The staff was very pleasant and friendly and treated us like old friends. Thanks Walter for a great dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver BC Area, Canada
“dont judge a book....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

All the others were jammed so we wandered the loop to see what else there was. The outside was very nice the inside has a little to be desired patio furniture older decor and a little disjointed. But they made up for it in friendliness and food quality my wife had the crab cakes (were they supposed to come with crustini? ) I had the lamb shank one son had the flat iron steak the other had the french bistro chicken. lamb was good i would have browned it more but it was a great tasting meal. chicken was good touch too much lemon and tough to cut on the bed of mashed potataoes. Steak was perfect. crab cakes tasted great. good couple of guys chef and waiter would go back.

Visited July 2013