“We screamed, laughed and got sand everywhere! So much fun!!”

Sand Dunes Frontier
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Sand dunes tours in large buggies or smaller "sandrails" or ATV rentals.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had the best experience with Sand Dunes Frontier. I brought my daughter and niece to visit Florence and while much of it was going to the beach and hanging out on Bay Street, I thought the girls would enjoy something more exhilarating, so I suggested a Dune Buggy ride. Their eyes lit up and they were ready to go! Mike, our driver, was very knowledgeable about the history of the area and even offered to take our photo at a beautiful vantage point. It was the best "roller coaster" ride with twists, turns and unexpected bumps. We screamed, laughed and got sand everywhere. It was the highlight of our trip. The girls are still talking about it...and finding sand in their ears. We'll be back again next year! Thanks so much for a great experience.

1  Thank Michelle U

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We drove 2 hours from Pacific City to get a dune buggy ride. After checking out other places that offered them, we chose this one for the pricing. We went to the ticket office and got our tickets (didn't encounter any rudeness) and then waited for a little over an hour (I would've waited another hour and a half, we are patient and don't freak out about waits). The ride was AMAZING. So fantastic. So fun. So thrilling. Sure, the driver was kind of redneck. So what? He was good natured and a great driver. We drove around longer than I expected we would and by the end I was satisfied and couldn't stop smiling. I suggest bringing a scarf or something to cover your mouth since sand flies everywhere.

1  Thank EllieandDave
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stopped by Sand Dunes Frontier looking for information about a ride for the next day.
We went into the office to inquire about pricing, times, requirements, etc. we asked the guy behind "what does it cost for a ride on that dune buggy (pointing to the snadrail vehicle), he said i don't know and pointed up the cafe area and said you'll need to ask them up there.
We went "up there" only to be told, we can give you a soda, but we have nothing to do with the sandrail rides; that's those folks down there (pointing to the guy behind the counter).
Went back down and inquired again, then he rambled off the cost and nothing else.
At that point, i wouldn't have given them a dime of my money.
Don't know how they stay in business with such great customer service.

We ended up going about 3 miles north to Sandland Adventures and had a wonderful time ...
Go to Sandland Adventures, don't waste your time with Sand Dunes Frontier!

9  Thank zenenriv
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I came and did sand rail tour. The WAIT sucked and then the buggies looked like they were going to fall apart. Bob was are diver hes great equipment sucked he was awsome he was worth the trip. But i went 3miles north to Sandland adventures and they were REALLY professional and there equipment was spot on there drivers are more talented and way better ride. Frontiers buggies have like 5hp i could have done better with a riding lawnmower

5  Thank SuperDad28
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is about the 4th time I have gone to Sand Dunes Frontier to have a sand rail ride. These guys rock. This time I was with a group of 12 women. They couldn't fit us all in one rig so they waited until some of the smaller rigs returned from the dunes so we could all go out at the same time. I'm sure this didn't make the people waiting behind us in line happy, but it sure did us. All 3 went out on the dunes at the same time and we stopped twice and had some great photo opportunities. The drivers jumped out and took pictures for us of all 3 rails in a line. The ride was crazy fun! It scared the bejeezus out of some. One gal was screaming so loud that the driver ask if he needed to tone it down. Of course we said no way. This place isn't fancy and the drivers look like a scruffy bunch, but they were all super nice guys and really delivered out on the sand. You can also expect a wait. It's first come, first serve, and most of the time there will be people in line before you. We waited an hour. Some of that was because we wanted to go together. This is a must do if you're in Florence.

1  Thank WashingtonMcgee