“unlimited supply of tourists keep them going”
Review of Travelers Cove

Travelers Cove
Ranked #12 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: Phone 541-997-6845
Description: Phone 541-997-6845
Reviewed July 24, 2013

margaritas must be good according to reviews but we didn't get them. Probably should have. had cup of chowder and thought I got cream of potato until I found a small piece of clam about 1/2 way through. Found 3 others near the bottom. That should average somewhere near 15 hunks of potatoes per each small piece of clam. Three of us ordered reuben sandwiches. Meat was sliced with the grain instead of against it. Then hammered on a flattop grill until it was as dry as it was tough and stringy. Best looking thing we saw was lemon meringue pie. Wife ordered a slice and was informed that they had forgot to take one out of the freezer and it was still frozen. We paid the bill and left. Can't eat view and food was close to inedible to my taste. Cannot speak about their Mexican dishes or alcoholic beverages just their soup and reuben sandwiches

There are newer reviews for Travelers Cove

Reviewed June 9, 2013

A wide variety of food. Our table had mexican, thai, and american. All were satisfied. Good margaritas too. Can see the river from inside as well as the outside deck.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of hiking and driving down the central coast, we were starving! Travelers Cove was perfect! Outdoor seating, great service, fantastic food and tasty margaritas!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Husbands tired of shopping found this nice restaurant in historic downtown Florence. The atmosphere and outside seating on the margarita deck lent a nice atmosphere for satisfying margaritas & service w/ a smile from the previously mentioned blonde waitress. Prices acceptable, portions generous, & we'll be back.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had the seafood burrito which was probably the best I've ever had. My wife had the scallops wrapped in bacon -- the bacon was crisp and the scallops properly cooked. Couldn't have asked for a better meal, but the margaritas were very well done and strong! No room for desert.

We were there for an early dinner and missed the band. But we sat at the back and could see the river quite well. (Too cold for outdoor seating this time of year.)

In a city that has several really great restaurants, I can't give this one five stars, but it is certainly one I'd return to often if I lived in the area.