“Solid choice! home-style Mexican right over the Bay”
Review of Travelers Cove

Travelers Cove
Ranked #11 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: Phone 541-997-6845
Description: Phone 541-997-6845
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Great view out the back, overlooking the water with a patio or through the big bay windows at the rear booth seats. It's a regular looking, family style restaurant, but the food is way above average. We had a good sampling of several Mexican dishes and all were well seasoned, not too greasy and service was fairly prompt. There was a super nice Mexican lady overseeing the orders, I think she was maybe the Mama. Everyone we encountered was very personable, and helpful with suggestions too! I'd add this to my Hit List if & when we make it back to the Oregon Coast. Yum!

There are newer reviews for Travelers Cove

Reviewed July 21, 2011

My Fiancee and future father in law had lunch here during a trip through Florence. I must say the place has a nice ambiance and a great view. Sadly that is where the niceness ends.

I would say, at the very best, the food was mediocre and that is pushing it. I ordered a ground beef burrito and the ground beef was watery and tasteless. My future father in law ordered a taco salad with the ground beef and he said his tasted the same. My fiancee ordered the taco salad with chicken and she said it was over cooked and not cut up, which made eating her salad difficult.

I notice the other reviews highly praise this place. It's possible that we caught them on an off day.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We have been to this restaurant every time we have come to Florence. We love their Mexican style breakfast. Very ample portions and sitting outside on the river is very nice. We don't feel guilty ordering Mexican food here because it isn't swimming in grease.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

Went on a Friday evening. The prime rib special looked good, so did the steak. We each decided on Mexican food. He said that was the best seafood burrito he had ever had. She liked the chicken with sauteed veggies. The band was playing, the singer sang old favorites, lots of Ray Charles. People were dancing. The drinks were generous. The view of the water from the window was delightful. What's not to like?

1  Thank 2_gemini
Reviewed April 10, 2010

You don't go here for the atmosphere or romance. Just for the really good food. We live in Florence and this is our favorite spot for fish and chips or Mexican food. Also some really nice salads, and a full bar. Great breakfast burrito. In nice weather, eating on the outdoor deck can't be beat - the view of the river is beautiful.