“Great time”

Sandland Adventures
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Oregon Dunes and Family Fun Park at Sandland Adventures. Offering tours of the dunes since 1987, our professional drivers will show you a great time while you travel across an impressive natural wonder of endless shifting sand. You will also experience unique tree islands, various wildlife and the spectacular Siuslaw River. Choose an exhilarating dune ride on our Sand Rails or a relaxing tour on our Giant Dune Buggies. Our one hour tours also include traveling down our Pacific Ocean Beach. Large or small groups can be accommodated on either tour. For those who prefer speed and excitement, try either a half hour 10 mile tour or an hour 20 mile tour. These 7 to 10 passenger Long Travel Sand Rails have over 20” of suspension travel and plenty of horsepower to take you on an exhilarating ride. If you prefer a slower pace, enjoy our interpretive Giant Dune Buggy Tour with many picture opportunities. Informative, scenic and fun describes this one hour dune buggy tour covering approximately 8 miles of dunes and 2 miles of ocean beach. Climbing and descending through the most beautiful, impressive dunes will be an unforgettable experience.After your dune ride, you can bump and splash on our Bumper Boats, race on our Grand Prix style Go-Kart Track, play a round of Miniature Golf or take a ride on the Cloverline Railroad. We are located less than one mile south of Florence on Hwy 101.
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time. This was our second visit. Nine adults took the 1/2 hour rail ride. Dan and Mike are great! Well worth the time and money. Thanks again.

Darla H, Owner at Sandland Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company. We are glad you had a great time. Our dunes look very different from season to season. Larger dunes can build 100 feet taller from the 1st part of June to the end of August as the sand is drier and the wind blows most days. See you another time. Thanks again. Darla

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My son and I took the 1 hour Long Travel Sand Rails ride. It was fabulous.You go up and down these very tall sand dunes at speeds that you wonder whether you are going to flip over at some point. I had hoped to have fun when I originally planned going on this ride, but it was even more exhilarating than I imagined. The only drawback was the sand that would get in my mouth constantly before I was smart enough to cover it with my handkerchief. It was so good that I wanted to get right back on and do it again. We just didn't have time allotted to do it. What's more important was that my son had a blast, which was the real reason I did this. At 23 years old, it is getting harder to impress him and this would probably be his last trip with us. So this was important for me. Luckily, it not only lived up to expectations, but exceeded it by a wide margin. That doesn't happen often. If this is your cup of tea, you may want to allocate more time than we did. It's really addictive. If I get back to Oregon, I plan on not only doing this ride again, but do it in other locations and even try my hand at driving one, as you can rent a vehicle, if you have the nerve. Have fun. Lots of fun.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for our company. We are glad you and your son had fun at on the ride. Sounds like you got our complimentary teeth cleaning:) Must mean that you had a smile on your face. Hope you get a chance to come back in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is our second time at Sandland Adventures and we have had a great time each time we have visited. We did the 30 minute dune ride and what a thrill. Our driver was great and stopped briefly a couple times to tell us about the dunes and once to take photos. Today I had my 85 year old mother with me and my eight year old niece. We think the rides here are a great value and would recommend this over renting your own buggy or quad runner any day. Caution, you will get sandy. Goggles are provided, as are helmets for riders under eighteen. A must do if you are in the Florence area,and looking for a thrill! (We did call ahead and found that they are not normally open for rides in January and February as this is when the do maintenance but they made an exception for the six of us)

Thanks for taking time to write a review for our company. Glad we were able to get you out for a ride in January. It's not always possible but we try to accommodate when we can. Just depends on where we are on our winter maintenance. Glad you all had fun and we hope you can come again sometime. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our driver Mike gave us the ride of our lives. I took 4 of my grandchildren ages 3-14, my wife, & my daughter on a FULL-ON THRILL RIDE. Mike was an excellent driver and catered to the driving to his passengers which turned out to be full-on! My little 3 year old grand daughter Presley didn't even flinch when he went straight up 60 foot sand dunes or dropped straight down them or went full out (which probably was between 50-60 miles/hr on the flats). Thanks again Mike for the great ride! It was worth the 3 hour drive it took us to get there!

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company. We are glad you all had fun. . . including Presley. At that age, they have no fear! Our dunes change a lot from season to season. Bigger dunes will build up to 100 feet taller from winter to the end of summer. Hope to see you again sometime. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went on the "fast" sand rail trip and what a blast! Mike made the experience completely memorable by giving a very exciting, educational, and safe ride! He was professional, safety conscious and make sure the ride was fun for both new and experienced riders. He was absolutely awesome and I would recommend him and Sandland Adventures highly! The Oregon dunes are an amazing place to visit for solely for their size and nature. Throw in a fast, thrilling rollercoast like 30 minute ride and you'll want to go again and again.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for our company. Glad you had a blast! Thanks again!