“a must do in florence”

Sandland Adventures
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Oregon Dunes and Family Fun Park at Sandland Adventures. Offering tours of the dunes since 1987, our professional drivers will show you a great time while you travel across an impressive natural wonder of endless shifting sand. You will also experience unique tree islands, various wildlife and the spectacular Siuslaw River. Choose an exhilarating dune ride on our Sand Rails or a relaxing tour on our Giant Dune Buggies. Our one hour tours also include traveling down our Pacific Ocean Beach. Large or small groups can be accommodated on either tour. For those who prefer speed and excitement, try either a half hour 10 mile tour or an hour 20 mile tour. These 7 to 10 passenger Long Travel Sand Rails have over 20” of suspension travel and plenty of horsepower to take you on an exhilarating ride. If you prefer a slower pace, enjoy our interpretive Giant Dune Buggy Tour with many picture opportunities. Informative, scenic and fun describes this one hour dune buggy tour covering approximately 8 miles of dunes and 2 miles of ocean beach. Climbing and descending through the most beautiful, impressive dunes will be an unforgettable experience.After your dune ride, you can bump and splash on our Bumper Boats, race on our Grand Prix style Go-Kart Track, play a round of Miniature Golf or take a ride on the Cloverline Railroad. We are located less than one mile south of Florence on Hwy 101.
Reviewed July 18, 2011

it was an awesome experience. i went with my friends and my mom. me and my friends went for the fast ride and my mom and my brother went for the slow ride at the same time. our fast ride was exremely fun. our driver went so fast up and down the dunes. he was very experienced and adventurous (our driver was Ken). for half an hour, it was worth the price. my mom also enjoyed the slow ride. they even went down the ocean. my suggestion: the slow ride is more of scenic tour, the fast ride is more of a roller coster ride.
make your reservation before a day or two.

1  Thank BoAs3d

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We were fortunate enough to be staying close by which enabled us to take both the slow scenic 1 hour tour then go back for the 30 min fast ride the following day. The staff we found helpful and nice, and they were very clear about the meeting point for the second ride, which is in a different but easily found place. The slow tour was a great introduction to the area which is quite unlike anything I've ever seen but we were itching to take the dunes a bit faster by the end of it. The fast ride did not disappoint at all. Our driver had a dry but likable sense of humor and I thought he did a great job ,he wasn't overly chatty but obviously knew what he was doing. You'd need a strong stomach and exceptional youngsters to take this pace for an hour.

1  Thank metaldolly
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My family of four with our 6 and 7 year olds were booked for the one hour "Exciting Ride" version on a Saturday morning. We were told to show up at 9am for a 930am ride and we did. We pulled into a semi empty parking lot at 9am and saw empty buggies there so figured we were early and let our kids play around in the parking lot and look at the attractions they had. Little did I know that you're supposed to check in at 9 and then drive somewhere else to be underway by 930am and those buggies were for the more scenic one. The front desk folks were kind of mean about it frankly but we made it there in time.

Regarding the ride, we had a blast. The exciting version is pretty intense even for adults. The best analogy I can give you is it's like riding a wooden roller coaster for about an hour straight. At the 30' mark my oldest was motion sick and hurled (luckily off the side of the car when we stopped) and the youngest was getting there, both of them have been on lots of motion things and this was a first for us. My wife was fighting it too. So be aware. I loved it.

Our driver was pretty new. A good driver and nice guy but not all that much into talking. The other buggy we followed had an ex Forest Ranger driving and he'd stop and do a little history and tell folks what was going on, our guy was basically waiting to go fast again.

Despite a negative tone of this review we still had a blast. I'd recommend doing the 30' exciting version rather than the one hour. After thirty minutes anyway it gets repetitive but still fun and most people can fight off the motion sickness for 30' but after an hour it may beat you down. We took the morning 9am one which was nice.

Afterwards we did the mini golf. At $7 a person I thought it was a little much for your standard cheesy mini golf course but the place is kept up well.

3  Thank olozbal
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We booked a 9:30am 1hr trip in the 8 person buggy. It was a great choice for us. Dress warm and fully covered. We had windbreakers with hoods over sweatshirts and jeans and gloves. Under 18 has to wear a helmet and everyone is given goggles which you have to wear (and will want to wear!). I believe our drivers name was Brad. We had a great time going fast over the hills, taking sharp turns, and driving along the ocean. I was glad we went in the morning before traffic got heavy as I was a little nervous cresting the hills, hoping no one else would be in front of us. Our teens loved it. We found the counter workers to be very helpful and we had no issues, but we made sure to arrive when they told us to and follwed the instructions for where we needed to be. Our driver stopped 4 or 5 times and allowed pictures. This was a vacation highlight!

2  Thank GRtravel
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Hold on tight!! This is a wild ride that you will not soon forget. Talk about an adrenaline rush! It was awesome!!!

1  Thank kmpcv1179