“I miss the quality and quanity of this super clean Chinese restaurant”
Review of Chens Family Dish

Chens Family Dish
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I moved from Florence Oregon a few months ago. I've eaten at many different Chinese restaurants but none deserve a review like Chens family dish. I order the Mongolian beef almost every time. It is seasoned perfectly, just the right amount of onions-yum. Large portions are a standard at Chens. My wife orders curry chicken. The vegetables are always fresh as is the chicken. Again large portions. Cleanliness rates a 10. (I've seen to many Chinese places that are plain filthy) The help from the staff and the owners---exceptional. Now I have to travel 120 mile round trip for exceptional Chinese food.

1  Thank Terry S

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My family and I live in Florence. We love Chens and have been going here for years at the old and new location. The food is wonderful, fresh, loads of veggies and meat, no off tastes or smells. Just delicious fresh food, at a very affordable price. The entrees are so large they can be easily split between two people. The staff is very nice, and the service is prompt, take out in 15-20 minutes. When I order take out I love how they include all the little extras, like packets of sesame seeds, both sauces, chop sticks as well as the regulars, soy sauce and fortune cookies. I really like how the dishes each have their own flavors. They are trying hard and it shows with the quality of the food, the clean atmosphere, the quick, friendly, always ready to help, yet unobtrusive staff.

1  Thank runningwater r
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Tripadvisor has another listing for Chens Family Dish, much higher rated, at a location about 10 blocks away. This is the same restaurant -- tripadvisor needs to update the listing.

Yes the building is a bit strange. Food was "traditional" Chinese fare, like I used to get a just about every Chinese restaurant 50 years ago! Large servings. Reasonable prices. Good service. What's not to like? Well it isn't a fancy place, so I wouldn't go here on a romantic night out.

1  Thank almyt
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Reviews said large portions, I would say average. Egg flower no impression. Chow mein was standard, Egg foo yung was good, mar far uninspired. Prices typical. Staff was less than friendly.
Nice clean restroom. Booths and tables. Ample parking.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited this restaurant after asking the near by hotel for a place to eat. The food was some of the best I have eaten in a long time. We ordered the meal for two and could not get through all that was provided. The food was tasty and the price was reasonable.
Good value for the dollar.

2  Thank Jfhill