“You will be disappointed.”

The Surfside Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #26 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, OH
“You will be disappointed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

I am staying one night at the hotel, and decided to get a to-go order from this restaurant. First, let me say that the hours the front desk tells you (upon check-in) that the restaurant is open are not the same hours that are listed in the room binder OR on the restaurant doors. This wouldn't be a big deal had the rest of my experience gone better: I ordered the ala carte Portabella & Mushroom Ravioli. The girl taking my order said it would be ready in 10 minutes, and would I like them to call me when it was ready? I say sure. I wait 10 minutes...then 20....then head down to pick it up without the phone call. I get to the restaurant and wait next to the "Please wait to be seated" sign and cash register. I continue to wait. And wait. And wait. After some time (and waitresses looking over at me but not coming to help me), a woman came out and asked if I'd been helped. I told her what had happened to this point. She went back, got my food, and then said the cash register wasn't 'hers' and had to flag down someone else to ring me up. This girl charged me the $1.00 service charge they add to to-go orders. I told her I'd pay for the meal, but not the 'service charge' considering my experience. I gave her cash and left. Came back to my room, opened the ravioli and it is COVERED in hazelnuts...if you ate it the way it was served, you wouldn't taste the ravioli. So bizarre. I will never eat here again.

1 Thank ohiojettagirl

Florence Or
“High prices, poor food so don't waste your time or money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

We have never stayed at the hotel as we live local, but we have patronized the restaurant many times. We have found that each time we have eaten here, it has been constantly getting worse. We went there May 10, 2009 for Mothers Day Dinner.. There were 14 people in our party. Not one of us enjoyed our dinner, food wise. The food was ill prepared, tasteless, small amount and very highly priced. We would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. You would be better off to go to Taco Bell. All 14 in our party give this place two thumbs down. We will never patronize this restaurant again.

1 Thank beachcomjber