“Fabulous views, excellent food”

The Surfside Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #31 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Experience an all new way to indulge at the Surfside Restaurant and Lounge while you dine overlooking the spectacular Pacific Ocean. Located at Driftwood Shores Resort, Surfside Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner seven days a week and features a Pacific Northwest Cuisine. Gaze out at the ever changing ocean, relaxing with a refreshing cocktail and your favorite entree while waiting for a sunset that will take your breath away. Planning a special celebration or occasion? Driftwood Shores Resort has a variety of oceanfront settings for cozy parties of five or corporate events for up to 120.
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Unparalleled views. One of the top two meals we had on our week long trip. A nice surprise...I had the fresh salmon yumm, he had the filet. Both perfectly cooked. And we are picky. The wine list! Far niente T $15.00 a glass. A first...
One of the best lemon drop martinis ever.we would be back in a heartbeat

There are newer reviews for The Surfside Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The view of the ocean was great the food was fine the service was awful. The restaurant is right on the beach so if you just need to have lunch and get back to playing on the ocean I would say go for it. If your looking for nice dinner, find somewhere else.

Reviewed February 4, 2011

There must have been some major changes made because where we ate doesn't resemble the earlier reviews.
We had a large group and it took very little time to seat us and the service was excellent.The portions were generous. Everyone enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, the food and the dessert were both incredible! It was at night so I can't vouch for the view but I am sure in the daylight it would be spectacular.
I am looking forward to going back. This time I'm going to try another entree but no doubt I'll have the bread pudding again. (Honestly the best i have ever tasted!)

Reviewed January 20, 2011

The views and ambience at Surfside are excellent. Service was well intended. Unfortunately slow, poorly prepared meals dominate my opinion of Surfside. Each member of our party of four had a different food experience. Salads, soups, and meat dishes seemed to be nicely prepared the evening we visited. Oddly, the fish entrees were both overcooked and disappointing for the prices paid.

Go to Surfside for amazing beachside vistas. Go for drinks and you won't be disappointed. Florence has many better options for dining.

1  Thank JTworldwide
Reviewed October 30, 2010

The restaurant has been recently remodeled and has very nice decor. Our meal was good.
We enjoyed a calamari appetizer. I had the seafood cioppino and my husband had steak and shrimp. We also had good crunchy french bread and a nice salad. We were not disappointed. The service was friendly. We would eat here again.