“Great hotel but breakfast not so good.”

Best Western Pier Point Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

2 nights ago my husband and I stayed at pier point again, because we were also here in July and it was a great hotel with a great staff. The front Desk was just absolutely amazing, very friendly and welcoming. Our room was great with a breath taking view (recommend the rooms on the top floor). The only downside of our stay was the breakfast, they ran out of plates, and food and the attendents weren't very welcoming as we remembered last time we visited. Overall minus the breakfast our stay was great, Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
ORDaisy, Owner at Best Western Pier Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Bluefores:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotel and, of course, am disappointed that we did not do a great job with breakfast during your stay. As an owner, I work with my staff to try to provide a consistent excellent experience for our guests and it's never great to hear that we did not do so. I'm doing my best based on the information you provided to find out what happened during your stay to see how in the world we could run out of plates or food. If you would like to provide us with more information, please call the hotel direct and ask for Leisa. Thanks again for your feedback and please do come again to see us soon and we'll make sure your breakfast plate is overflowing and that you will not leave our hotel disappointed. Thank you.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We came through town late at night and no-vacancy signs were up all over town, so it was back across the river to the only hotel that seemed to have night staff -- Pier Point Inn. We received the last "non-premium" room, paid a couple of hundred bucks, and slept. The property has obviously had some construction defect issues -- floors slanted, cracks in the walls, etc., and the floor was soaked in front of the refrigerator, whether from a leak or open window we couldn't tell. We were also in a pet friendly room -- but on that account it was fine, no smells, very clean. I wouldn't say "stay away," but don't go in with high expectation.

Room Tip: Request something above ground level
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David G
ORDaisy, Owner at Best Western Pier Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear DavidG:

Thanks for taking the time to leave an honest assessment of your stay. Obviously, as an owner, I’m disappointed to read that your time with us with just “so-so.” I regret that your room had a couple maintenance issues and hope you were able to let our front desk staff know about them before you left. We have taken two rooms out of service at this time that are slightly out of level in order to repair those items and I’m assuming based on your review that was the room you were in. I am happy to hear though that the pet room you were in was very clean and fresh smelling. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We decided to take a quick weekend trip to the coast. Found this great hotel. It was very clean and had all the amenities to make you comfortable.

The layout was a bit strange, but once we figured out which walkway lead to where, it was fun to explore.

Great view of the Three Rivers and downtown Florence. So very close to the dunes (about half mile from the entrance and about 2 miles from parking from the dunes).

We had great service from the staff - all had a sincere smile and were happy to help.

The pool was a great temp. The hot tubs were a little small and a bit strange, but again, once we got used to it all, it was very comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was excellent! Custom make our omlettes and plenty of everything. Seemed a bit busy and there was still plenty of everything.

Good warm cookies and complimentary hot chocolate and other warm drinks.
We do plan on staying there every time we visit from now on.

Only 8 mins from 3 different golf courses.

Was very relaxing and had nice tv's and microwaves and fridge.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Slamgwhit:
Thank you for taking the time to leave your awesome review about our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay in Florence and were able to enjoy the amenities at the hotel. Also, thank you for noting the sincere smile of our staff as our staff takes pride and joy in serving our guests. Also, since you mentioned that you would be back, please look for our restaurant and lounge that will be opening by 2013 where you will be able to enjoy a tasty dinner with the best river view in Florence. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and i had reservations and stayed at this hotel. For what they charged($160), I really expected a lot more. As soon as we opened the door, I could see that the floor was slanted. It was obvious. When I layed down, my feet were above my head. I ended up sleeping with my head at the foot of the bed. I really can't believe that they rent that room out. I am absolutely dissatified. Actually I'm pissed. Oh yeah, the breakfast was well below good. Not a very good spread. I won't stay there again.

****STAY AWAY FROM ROOM 239

Room Tip: ROOM 239 floor slants away from the door. Stay away from this room unless you want to look at your...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bohica613
ORDaisy, Owner at Best Western Pier Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear bohica613:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I can see by your comments that you are angry and unhappy. I understand room 239 is slightly out of level and we will be addressing that today with a remodel of that room. I'm surprised that you did not enjoy the breakfast as we are constantly given such great feedback on our breakfast but I appreciate hearing what you think. If you would like to give us more details about what it was we could have done better please call us direct at the hotel as we are always looking to improve ourselves and I would like to have more specifics of what went wrong during your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

All twin beds are on ground floor which does not give great river views. So if wanting this or staying more than 1 night I would suggest a King bed on floors 2 or 3. Surprised not to find a laundry which for a BW Plus is a surprising omission. Checkin was not promising however the hotel was quiet ( although room walls are very thin). Breakfast was good especially the fresh omelettes. We had a small issue with our room which we mentioned upon check out and the hotel handled this extremely well so kudos to the morning receptionist. If staying in Florence again, I would choose this property again or choose the old town. BW is across the river from the town so a drive in or walk across the bridge. Not a bad stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the third floor to be safe to get a river view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ORDaisy, Owner at Best Western Pier Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear IBC35_Mike:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comment regarding offering laundry as this is the type of feedback that is helpful to us as owners. I'm very glad you enjoyed the breakfast and that our front desk staff exceeded your expectations at check out. Again, thank you for the feedback and we hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Florence.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We booked a river view room with a king bed, and I requested a high floor, which they gave us. The staff here is one of the hotel’s best features; everyone we talked to was friendly and helpful, and some of them tempted us with fresh-baked cookies :) The room was very clean and up-to-date, and the view of the river with Florence on the other side was quite lovely. I did notice a slight tilt in the floor of the room (this is an older building, after all). Also, I thought the bathroom could use a towel ring so that we wouldn’t need to lay the hand towel on the counter. Very minor things, overall.

At night we used the pool, which was very clean and well-heated, and also happened to have a view overlooking the river. We also used one of the two small hot tubs. The pool area is on a floor below the lobby, along with the ice machine; this can be a rather long and cold walk away if you happen to have a room near the end! Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, with made-to-order omelets and scrambled eggs, and a waffle maker. Since we were there on a weekday in September, the breakfast area was very quiet, with plenty of clean tables available.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear travelerfromsj:
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your nice comments regarding the hotel staff. This truly means so much to the staff who work so hard every day to make the guests time at our hotel as flawless as they can. Also, we are very happy that you enjoyed the cookies, appreciated a clean and up to date room and were able to enjoy the pool area. Also, thanks for adding the nice photos to your review! Please do come back and see us again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was a first class experience all around. The rooms were great, the management was helpful, the breakfast every day was fantastic, the view from our room was tremendous, and the pool was a hit. If I had to get nit picky, the only negatives I would mention are 1) there's no on-site laundry, 2) the pool is a few flights of stairs down from the lobby with no elevator, and 3) the TVs could use a flat-screen upgrade. None of those are enough to rate this less than 5 stars though. Definitely the place to stay in Florence.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the river view rooms. The view just tops off the whole experience.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear phaedrus428:
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback as well as your suggestion regarding on-site laundry. We are updating all the rooms with flatscreen televisions by the end of the year as well. Thanks again and please do stay with us again during your next trip to Florence, Oregon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Old Town Inn
Le Chateau Motel
Le Chateau Motel
#11 of 13 in Florence
Best Western Salbasgeon Inn & Suites of Reedsport

Been to Best Western Pier Point Inn? Share your experiences!