“Pathetic pizza, great service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Abby's Legendary Pizza
Ranked #33 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Proudly serving the Pacific Northwest pizza for over 50 years. Not only do we serve legendary pizza, but we also have local craft beers and gluten free options. Make sure to check out our current special of the month.
Florence, Oregon
“Pathetic pizza, great service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Pizza was pizza chain quality but not good stuff. So salty that it should carry a warning for heart patients. Service was exceptionally good and was much appreciated. Room is large with pictures of Florence dating back some hundred years and is a favorite gathering place for local clubs and organizations . Microbrews on tap.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Doug P, Public Relations Manager at Abby's Legendary Pizza, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
651Eddie -

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We appreciate your recognition of our emphasis on local activities and history. We are, however, sorry to hear that our food was not to your liking. Maybe it was a particular menu item that you tried and did not find satisfying. As a reminder, we do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you would try us again, and there is anything that is not perfect, please bring it to the attention of our managers. We hope to see you again soon.

Tooele, Utah
“Good gluten free pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I ate here twice on my recent trip to Florence. I had the Abbey's Special with the gluten free crust. It was loaded with meat and tasted so good!! I was bummed though because I couldn't eat the spuds which I know are amazing because I used to eat them before my celiac diagnosis. Love this place! I come here every time I come to the coast. Thank you Abbey's for offering gluten free pizza!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leah R, Public Relations Manager at Abby's Legendary Pizza, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
So glad you enjoyed our gluten-free crust with our Legendary Abby's Special toppings! Thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Best Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Definitely the best pizza in Florence, and one of my favorites anywhere! The amount of toppings on these pizzas is an experience in itself! Try something out of the norm for you, Lonestar BBQ, Greek, Abby's Special - you will not be disappointed! Great places for family or kids birthday parties. Just beware that these are usually going on, so if you don't want that noise, take it to go. :-) Excellent service here, and have to have their fresh made whitesauce to go with the pizza, also great hot wings.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leah R, Public Relations Manager at Abby's Legendary Pizza, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review about our Florence restaurant. We agree - the specialty pizzas are worth trying. You can also add toppings to any pizza to make it just the way you want - we call it Think Outside the Box!
Reedsport, Oregon, United States
“Fresh And Delicious Gluten-Free; Yes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Abby's was an impulse stop for us. We just wanted to check out their gluten free crust, because so few places have a decent gluten free available, and even fewer have one you would order again. We opted for the veggie, skip the cheese and extra artichokes. They also gave us two bowls of hot marinara on the side to eat with the pizzas. ( No charge! ) Their marinara is also good!
Pizza was covered to the edge with veggies, stacked in layers so you get bites of different varieties. The pizza sauce had a nice tomato taste, not too sweet, spicy or full of herbs. I don't want the sauce to overpower; kinda picky about that. Our pizza wasn't greasy, but of course we didn't have meats or cheese.
It was that time of day between lunch and dinner, so we didn't have a long wait for anything. The dining room is a large square with long tables. The opposite corner had a 3 generation family with 4 children plus a baby. I imagine it could get loud in there, but it was okay for us, even with the excited children across the room. There are a couple of TV's with sports, volume low. Vending entertainment. We didn't try the salad bar, but it looked full and fresh.
My husband and I each got a medium pizza, but the toppings were very generous, so we agreed that next time we'll just share.
If a pizza can stand on it's own without cheese, then they are doing something right. I have had pizza that had so few toppings without the cheese, I felt as though I was being robbed. Abby's Legendary Pizza is a quality restaurant. I will patronize their establishment again and hope you also might have the opportunity to give it a try.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so glad you enjoyed our gluten free pizza. With no cheese or meat, our gluten free crust is a suitable option for vegans as well. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to serving you and your husband (maybe just one pizza next time) again soon!
Mission, Canada
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Casual atmosphere which suits my family well.
The staff was polite and friendly,
We order two pizza, one regular cruise, one deep dish.
The toppings were generous on both.

We Enjoyed our visit.