“Great restaurant”

Ranked #25 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We found the Firehouse Restaurant while walking around old town. My husband is a firefighter so we had to go in. The food was fantastic and the staff was terrific.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were there last p.m. for drinks, apps, and the karaoke night. Our wait staff could not remember to bring water (along with drinks we ordered); and then she failed to bring utensils and napkins for one of our party who ordered bowl of muscle soup. Once the utensils came, she delivered a fork instead of spoon. Later, she delivered two more apps along with one fork, which wouldn't work for two diners. She appeared to have no peripheral vision as well, because when we tried to get her attention (which was clearly elsewhere), we could not, but for one time. She did not appear to have malice, but just not focused on her job, it would seem.
As for the food, the apps were OK and came out quickly enough. The karaoke was fun with a DJ who knew how to use his gear and could sing well, to boot.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The clam chowder was highly recommended to us, so we wanted to give it a try. We both got the deluxe or supreme version. It had a triangle of melted cheese melted on the top, with assorted seafood underneath it. Overall, the chowder was very thick with potatoes, celery, and slivers of carrots in it. I wanted to like it, but it just did not seem fresh to me. It appeared to be reheated, and was just ok.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food was average, but it was fun reading all the décor on the walls. Went there for lunch, so I don't know how the dinners would rate.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was riding my motorcycle on a cold day and wanted some hot soup or stew for lunch. The Firehouse had beef stew on special. The stew was OK but not great, it needed more vegetables, maybe potatoes or turnips, and less salt. It came with very good fresh bread and butter and the staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant decor is based on tshirts and decorations from fire companies around the country and it was well done, but it did not make up for the stew. I'll give it a miss the next time I'm in florence, Oregon.