“Avoid the blackjack tables”

Three Rivers Casino Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We've stayed at Three Rivers numerous times and have always enjoyed the generous comps this casino offers. The casino hosts, slot attendants, and hotel staff are always friendly and helpful. Our luck at the slots has also been better here than elsewhere. We are, however, primarily table games players that don't find playing here very enjoyable. Several of the dealers are much more concerned about achieving a set number of blackjack hands per hour than player enjoyment of the game, to the point of being rude with customers. If you are looking to have fun playing, win or loose, blackjack at another area casino will provide a much better experience. I, and may others, have frequently voiced this concern with the floor supervisors only to be ignored.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank larryl_55

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I live in the Portland area and always look forward to going to 3 Rivers with my sister and friends who live in Eugene. We also appreciate information and the special offers in the mail and points we receive.. The rooms we have stayed in have always been spacious and and clean and the beds very comfortable. All the staff have been very friendly and always help if we have a question. We have tickets to the concert on 4-2-2011 so we will see you then. Thanks to all.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Although our room was nicely decorated, with a very comfortable bed, and a fabulous huge flatscreen HD television on the wall, the room was rather small, with no little amenities that are standard in even the cheapest of motels/hotels in the area. An in-room coffee maker was conspiculously absent. And my wife, being a smoker, did step outside of the room to the outdoor balcony to have a smoke, upon check-out we found we had been charged a $200 fee to our credit card for violating the No Smoking in Room rule. When we protested that the rule should not have applied to being outside on the balcony, they came out of the back room of the registration area to show us the agreement we had signed regarding the rules. At the top of the page, handwritten, and added after we signed the agreement, was the sentence "No smoking applies to the room balcony as well as the room." This was enough to keep us from ever wanting to stay there again. The casino has it's own set of problems. Since moving to the large casino from the "tent", the payback odds have drastically decreased, in favor of the house. Also, it also now takes twice as much play to earn points for play. This change happened "overnight", with no notice to the players at all. One day you got 1 point for every dollar spent, and the next day it had increased to $2 per point. And if you print out a coupon from one of their emails, forget about using it if you also want to use a coupon received in the US mail. Even if it's a food coupon, they won't let you use both, unless you come a different day. Some of us can't afford to visit more than once or twice a month, and would like to use the offers we are given. The buffet is overpriced, as is the steakhouse, but Trios is the best bargain you'll find at 3 Rivers. The food is good, the portions are generous, and the servers and hostesses are friendly and helpful. Though we find no fault with the majority of the employees we've met and dealt with, the management should either be replaced or retrained in customer service, and how to keep people wanting to come back. Though we will still go there, as it's the only place close enough for us to do occasional gaming, it won't be as often as we'd like, and that's completely due to the way this place is run.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank knockinon
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We were long time customers here....every since they were located in the tent. As someone else said this casino was "different" from the others located near the valley. But they have changed and the play is HORRIBLE. I understand you cant win all the time, but I sure dont see anyone else winning either. You should at least be able to play the nickel or penny slots for a while on your bank roll and call it entertainment, but it is not even like that anymore. The buffett is expensive and horrible. The steak house is expensive and not worth the cost for the amount of food you get. The small cafe is your best bet and the food is good. We went to one of the "monthly" group birthday parties a while back and it was a joke. You would think that a casino could give away some decent prizes. Not even...one of the prizes given away was a tow strap.....just what everyone wants for their birthday. The party felt more like lunch at the senior citizens center.....very cheesy. We have finally decided to not visit the valley casinos and travel to Eastern Oregon casinos or to Washington casinos for occasional weekend fun. Im disappointed because this was my favorite casino and we travel two and a half hours one way to go here when we have two other casinos closer to us.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Oregonsbluesky
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We started going to this hotel soon after it opened. We use to think it was one of the hidden gems. In the last couple of years you could see it going the way of the other casino's.
The walls are thin, you can hear everything your neighbors are doing. We have to have the TV on just to cover the noise. In the morning you hear every door, person talking or the toilet flush. The prices of the rooms have gone up as well which use to be a fair deal now is expensive. The food is not bad but the atmosphere is terrible, the cafe is small, the bar is dark and the buffet is like a school cafeteria. A plus is if you are in one of the front rooms and the sun is shinning, the sea breeze is gently blowing it is a beautiful place
The Casino has tightened its grip on your dollar. They are afraid for you to win any thing. Like the person I was playing next to said it isn't gambling it is stealing. It use to be that you could play on a budget but now you have to play with a small fortune. So plan on doing other things than staying in the Casino and Florence has lots to do if it isn't raining.
Like many of the other Casino's in Oregon which started out fun and now not letting you out of their grasp without taking everything you came with, Three Rivers is going down that path.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SalmonKiller
Reviewed January 13, 2011

On our way home from Lincoln City, we decided to take hwy 101 down, to see the sites and just to have a different trip. We decided to stop by Three Rivers Casino for a little gaming, something to eat, and to use the coupons that were sent to us. To put it in short, we will not go there again. We went to the players club to see how to use the "free" money they had sent us in the mail. The lady was extremely rude when I asked why my boyfriend recieves more coupons worth alot more "money" than I do, because I am the one that gambles, not him. We asked how to use the "free money" on the coupons, and she acted like we were idiots. What they don't tell you about the "free money", is that you have to put in your own cash to even activate what they give you, and you can not get the money out, you have to use all in the machines. We decided to go to the buffett before we went home, and that was a wrong decision. The food was horrible. The turkey was so dry that I had to drink water before I could swallow what was in my mouth, and the chicken was almost as bad. The waitress would not say a word to me, but, was very happy to talk to my boyfriend, even though I was mainly the one saying thank you.
There were about 2 people that worked in the casino or buffett that treated us with any respect, and that is definately not what I want to go back to. I like to be treated nicely by most people, not just a small percentage.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nikita776977
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My family and I stayed at TR for a show this last weekend because Florence is a long drive from Portland to drive back after the show. I must say, it was a good choice to stay instead of make the drive home, we were pretty tired after a long drive there and the concert. They do have free wi fi - even though it wasn't pointed out to us at check in. No business center or any sort of fitness room however so be prepared to spend your time with other areas. The hotel check in was a breeze, we requested early check in and got it without issue. The service wasn't out of the way friendly by any means, just quick and simple. Rooms are spacious (we were a family of three) and stayed in a two queen room. Our view was over the parking lot, but in the distance you could see the rolling hills, not bad at all! Beds were very comfortable and clean, I slept like a baby. I didn't notice too much hallway noise and was actually a little surprised since after concerts, people tend to be a little louder than normal. Perhaps I was too exhausted to notice? We grabbed an order of nachos to take back to the room after the show, and happily waited around in the bar area (Aces) and listened to the live entertainment to pass the time. Aces is open 24 hours on Friday and Saturday FYI with rotating bands. One thing another traveler mentioned was the lack of a coffee pot in the room, I would totally agree that this would be a big plus in the rooms, yes drinks are free if you walk down to the casino, but I enjoy getting up in the AM with a cup of coffee in my PJ's before I start my day. Even if the hotel put coffee on the landings by the elevator that would cut the walk in half. I was super happy to find a selection of doughnuts in the gift shop however and a very well made Macciactto in the morning and I will do the same next time. We ate at Trio's the first day we got in, before we checked in and the food was decent priced and was pretty good to boot. The room price was a little high I thought - $129 for a Saturday night, I would expect this at the Coast, with breakfast included but not for a place just to lay my head with no additional amenities. I am sure this was due to the show weekend however so that is understandable. All in all it was a great weekend, the show rocked, we lost and gained our money at the slots and slept comfortable. Will I stay again? Yes if I come to a show just for the convenience, but just to play probably not, I will take in a hotel in downtown instead for a better value.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family