“Recent changes”

Three Rivers Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Three Rivers has been our favorite casino for several years. The staff are extremely friendly and treat you like family. The casino management has made some recent changes which does not reflect well on the atmosphere. It seems they are trying to force gamblers to bet higher. All of the lower betting machines have been removed and been replaced with several machines that are alike. The feeling of community has been affected by this change.
We will still visit Three Rivers because the staff are the best anywhere but we will probably shop around some of the other casinos in order to play our favorite machines.

Room Tip: Rooms further from the elevator and top floor are best for avoiding smoke.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
RColton, Manager at Three Rivers Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We love that you see how well we treat our guests, it is something we take a lot of pride in. We try our best to hire and train the right people.

We checked with our slot manager about your concerns and although we have moved some games to different location, which was actually due to some recent guest requests, we have not changed how the number of penny machines we have, nickel machines or even quarter. If you have a favorite machine that you can not find, let us know next time you are in and we will help you.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Three Rivers Casino Resort

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My father took my twin sister and I for our birthday. We had a
jacuzzi suite that was fantastic. There was no view, but since we live up the coast, we did not care. The bedding was wonderful and the room was gigantic. We had an epic meal in the steakhouse for dinner and also loved the buffet. The slots were good to me and the staff, well, they were first rate. I will be back.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are great with lots of ammenities.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The lobby is immediately adjacent to the casino and The first thing I noticed was the smokey smell when I checked in. The rooms are nicely appointed with quality features. Unfortunately the walls are thin and we can hear the neighbors conversations fairly clearly. The hotel section is smoke free but it is hard to avoid the smell of smoke that comes throughout the building from the lobby and casino. Fortunately our hotel room doesn't smell of smoke. The smoke in the casino is overpowering and they would do well to improve the air handling. I have a good tolerance for cigarette smoke, but I am finding the air quality here unpleasant. There is a very small smoke free section in the casino but a person has to walk through the smog to get there. We decided to eat elsewhere and drove into town to a restaurant.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank gophergulch
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Was with tour group who stayed at Comfort Inn nearby but this place was cheaper and much much nicer for LESS money. Very clean and modern rooms. Very comfortable beds. Easy access. Website photos are accurate. Recommend if you need to stay in area. Not far from main road where rest of hotels and motels are.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Hiker100
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This review is for the casino only- we did not stay at the motel. We do not gamble. In gambling, there is a risk of loss of something that there is little enough of as it is, so I prefer to give my money to something that is more of a sure thing, like the electric company, or food for my family. The last time I was even inside a casino, I was too young to participate. I am now fifty-five. We went this time because my daughter had just trned 21 and it was sort of a right of passage thing. We just planned on putting about $2 each into a machine and walking out 15 minutes later. When we walked in I felt a little like Marty Mc Fly must've felt when the DeLorean transported him to the future. I knew I was in trouble when I couldn't find the slot for the quarter I planned on playing, and someone had stolen the handle you pull down to make the little pictures spin. I knew we were in over our heads and we sought help. That was a very good move as we soon discovered that this place is all about customer service. I explained my confusion and told them that they had better keep their eyes peeled for a shady character with handles poking out of his bag, as they had all been removed from their machines. A man nodded his head in a understanding manner and remarked that I was used to the Old School manner of gambling. The nice lady then told us she would give us $10 of FREE money if we would sign up and become a member of something. I still do not know what we signed up for, but no-one has as yet shown up at our door and said that as members of this club we must come with them and do something immoral, illegal or fattening, but it has only been a few days, so I'm still waiting. They gave us a lanyard with a card attached that really impressed my daughter. They then called over a personal insructor to go with us and show us how to work the machines. Kind of like a personal trainer or a personal shopper, neither of which we have ever had, so it was kind of exciting. Personal Trainer carefully and very slowly, for me, tried to explain the way the video arcare looking things worked. Apparently not like a video game, because my daughter never did catch on, only she was smart enough not to admit this, I, on the other had them explain the same thing many times over. Awhile into our lesson, I pulled out my camera to take a picture of my daughter playing. This seemed to upset Personal Trainer greatly and she mumbled something about several security officers desending on us and demanding my camera. I told her that nothing like that had ever happened at Heceta Head Lighthouse on their tour, and I had taken lots of pictures there, but nonetheless Personal Trainer called a different Trainer and slipped away without saying good-bye. She was shaking slightly as she left. New Personal Trainer looked alot like a bouncer. However, he was another very nice person, and brought his own camera and took a complimentary picture of my daughter since it was a special occasion and even printed it up and framed it and gave it to us before we left. He explained again how the machine worked and got it started for us. By now, I followed my daughters lead and just did what the man said to do, eventhough I didn't quite grasp all that about rows of tiny numbers that I could not see that were hidden behind the pictures, or about how pressing a certain button would bet an amount different that what the button said. Anyway, by the time our free $10 was gone and the picures on the machine would no longer spin when I hit one of the mismarked number buttons, I had won $8 and my daughter $7, and we could not have been more thrilled. It was only as we were leaving that she discovered this place was even more wonderful that we had yet known. Someone told her that, eventhough no,- she could not get a flaming drink for free, sodas WERE free. That seemed to impress her as much as if the little pictures with the hidden numbers behind them had all lined up on the machine, and she managed to get a couple sodas each for her and her underaged sister who had been waiting in an area containing other bored-looking youth,- all eating pie- and we left a happy bunch. Later on our trip, we thought that since this place gave us free money, maybe another casiono would, too, so we stopped at Seven Feathers in Canyonville. They did not seem to be as happy a bunch there, and only gave us $5 of free money, but we did get another cool lanyard and card for signing up for something again. But they did not assign us a personal trainer, nor accompany us to the machines, but they did tell us if we had any questions we could push a help button, or a call button on the machine and someone would come. It kind of reminded me of the call buttons you push in the hospital bed, and was I afraid if we pushed it, a nurse would appear. It was not a issue, though, because we never could find a call button. But there was a nice man sitting at a machine next to us who showed us what to do, and warned us to be careful, that it was addictive. I told him that would not be a problem for us as you had to have money in order to lose money, and Pacific Power and our local gas station took most of ours. Since we had become accustomed to a personal trainer at Three Rivers, and were left to flounder on our own here- and especially when my daughter found out there was no free soda at Seven Feathers, we left feeling that Three Rivers was the better of the two.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Makelifefun
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice accommodations and lively casino. Food good and well priced. Florence has nice old town and fresh seafood. Lovely sand dunes. One our favorite Oregon coast towns. Hotel is maybe 10 years old and short taxi from old town.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bart P
Reviewed August 10, 2013

These rooms really have the wow factor when you first walk in. Paintings, linens etc. are very appealing. But...the chairs are so worn, the leather was torn on the arms, the cushion on the overstuffed chair was missing its stuffing, so when one sat they sat and sunk deep! The Kerig coffee makers would have been a nice touch, if they had worked, or had correct directions on how to operate. We would have loved to open our windows, but being on the ground floor, by the parking lot, security was a concern.

Room Tip: Perhaps avoid the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family