“This is a nice hotel with comfortable rooms”

Three Rivers Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here one night on a trip home and found the rooms to be nicely designed, large, clean and very comfortable. There is no coffee maker in the room which was a bit strange, but there is always free coffee, hot chocolate, etc available in the casino. We had a fairly good meal in the bar.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We planned a 2 night get away while my husband was home on leave from Afghanistan. We very much had hoped for a wonderful time. The hotel room was wonderful, clean and extremely comfortable. We will give Three Rivers a very nice kudos for that!! However, short of being called a liar by the young man working at the front desk, I will say the customer service was the worst we've ever encountered at any hotel in our many years of travel. Because of our experience, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.
We had an adjoining room to the room next door. We would highly recommend you make sure you don't get one of these rooms. The first night there, at about 10pm, a large group of people arrived to the next door room and proceeded to have a very loud and fun time. I contacted the front desk and was told security was already on their way. I assumed there had been other complaints. At about 10:25pm, my husband contacted the front desk again. He was told, again, that security was on their way. Within moments of his phone call, this group of partiers left the room next door. We assumed that security had ran them out of there. We proceeded to have a very quiet night.
The next night at about 11:30pm, the same thing happened. I contacted the front desk. This is when the young man told me "It's just the tv, that's all it was last night when you complained"
WELL, this tells us that security never did arrive to the room in time to run anyone out of there....as their was NO question about what was going on in that room. We even learned from this group of people next door that SW Oregon has the best dope available in the country and if you don't have paper to roll a joint, you can tear paper outta the hotel bible to roll it in, it's perfect.This party next door may as well have been in our own room.
When my husband complained the next morning at check out, the young lady stated "That's not what I understood to be the issue, I heard that is all you guys were complaining about was the TV." Well, apparently she didn't have facts straight either. Management should be ashamed to have such young ignorant people working at their desk. Management also needs to train their team that it only takes one wrong comment to the customer to loose them and maybe many more in future business. Don't waste your time here. There are a couple of other very nice hotels in Florence and the casino has a shuttle bus to these other locations.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, make sure you don't get a room that's adjoining another room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luvbnarn
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Room: 2q, large excellent tv, foot sized patio (gr floor), huge parking lot, surprisingly quiet, huge disabled (all are) bathroom, indoor corridors, writing desk, clean, friendly, ez check in and out, nice housekeeping staff. Rates: Standard mid range . Distance from Florence maybe 1-2 miles. Restaurant prices not bad, food was good to very good. Waitress nice. Casino: lots of machines, lots of tables, keno, usual games. Players club $10 free slot play. Soda/coffee is self serve. BONUS: a no-smoking slots room (thank you, thank you). Slots go from penny-up. All are ticket print (no coin drop). Buffet and comedy (act stunk that night), giant screen sports. Small gift store.
Comfy bed. LOTS of pillows. No coffee in room. Dressers, big closet. in room safe. indiv heat/air. Clientele (mid week) ranged in age from about 30-65, mostly retirees. Middle class clothes (not fancy). Disabled ramp into casino plus stairs. People around me were hitting jackpots, but with my USUAL luck it wasn't me, dang. Had fun anyway. Worth it for the getaway even if you don't gamble, nice dunes surround hotel, some ocean breeze but no view. Room service not too spendy. Massage can be arranged. Nothing within walking distance, it is set apart. Overall very good.

Room Tip: We were about 5 rooms from elevator on ground floor, and it was QUIET. West side rooms face rear par...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just finished a stay/event at the Hotel. The Event Manager Lori and her staff went above and beyond to make this a most memorable celebration for my father-in-laws 80th bday. I worked with Lori and her staff for 6 weeks prior to the event, and it went off without a hitch. We had 37 guests in attendance, and all were overwhelmingly happy with the hotel rooms, private dining room provided for our gathering and customer service from the lounges, to the dining rooms, to the golf course. Not one complaint from this group! Great job Three Rivers Casino/Hotel/Golf Resort!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I go to Florence on business and stayed the first time for a GREAT rate. Was on the second floor. The room was large and bed very comfortable. No business center, so I now bring my own printer, but it has a desk large enough to set up my laptop and spread out a little. No coffee pot or frig in the room.......they want you to go down to the casino and donate some money to the flashing Gods of gamblers! I went the second time - paid a little more (different season). Arrived late and had a first floor room (134) at the end of the hall that reaked of cigarette smoke so bad that my throat was burning. I could not get out fast enough that morning. I assumed that it was coming down from the casino. The front desk person was sympathetic but informed me that people like those rooms at the end of the hall so they can step outside the back door and smoke - and they do - right in front of the door. Had to walk through it to load up my luggage as I left. There is NO enforcement of the Oregon law forbidding smoking within 30 feet of a door. They just turn a blind eye. Was going to book again for next month's trip but request an upper floor where the smoke wasn't so strong but the rates will go up substantially more - unless you drop a lot of money at the casino. I'm looking for an alternative.

Room Tip: Higher floors for less cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Katie H
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The rooms at the casino were very clean and spacious. The bed was great, with awesome big sturdy pillows, something you dont see very often in hotels. No issues what so ever. Would recommend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The walls are thin as most hotels. We did have a loud snorer in the next room, but that is not some...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The beds were so incredibly comfortable with 6 pillows and 2 roll pillows on each queen bed! The rooms smell great and it was quiet. Never heard anyone around us. We ordered room service for breakfast and was served within 15 minutes, it was hot and fresh and the ladies delivering were so kind and friendly. I don't like the fact that there is no in room coffee however they have hot coffee, hot chocolate, cold bottled water and soda all for free in the casino. It is so wonderful how friendly everyone is. The food prices at Trio's cafe are really good and the food is amazing with good portions and friendly wait staff. Can't wait to go back to stay and play in their winning casino and hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013