All reviews sweet waters bike path hotel restaurant breakfast buffet parking lot rooms are large bit dated king room front desk staff autzen stadium riley shuttle conference balconies pet fireplace freeway
Reviewed April 29, 2017

When you are 70 years old you make a lot of mistakes. Like reserving a room for a night, and turning up the next. I did this on Booking.com and faced the prospect of not getting a room, paying for an extra night, or paying the booking fee. Fortunately, Bailey was behind the desk, and she undertook to contact Booking and see if we could avoid both the room charge and the booking fee. Success! Thank you, Bailey!!
We always stay at this hotel when we are in Eugene. Great location on the river, you can go for a walk or run before dinner.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank richard h
Cheryl M, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I will be sure to celebrate Bailey and her service she provided you. We believe in genuine care for our guests and I am happy she made a difference in your stay. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here several times. The entire staff is super friendly (but not obnoxiously so) and equally accommodating. There's a great restaurant and bar on site, with a beautiful view of the river. Just outside is a green walk along the river which goes miles and passes by beautiful gardens. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable (beds are great). The river view rooms have decks. There's a pool, a hot tub and a small gym. The lobby has a beautiful fireplace with comfortable seating and a grand piano. Why wouldn't you stay here?

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Explore198238

Thanks a million for the wonderful review and for choosing us. I hope to see you back soon! Spring is in the air!

Reviewed April 28, 2017

Very comfortable bed to crash in. There seemed to be a fair number of cars in the parking lot, but inside the hotel, it was very quiet and my night was restful. It was nice to have a lounge in the lobby of the hotel. I also appreciated the coffee in the lobby in the morning (great way to start off a work day).

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Happy to read you had a great work trip. Next visit, I hope you slip in some time to enjoy the bike path and some local wineries and breweries. Lots to do besides work:) Thanks again for the nice review.

Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

I stay here at least once a week, I love the location if you get here early in the day their is a mall and movie theater walking distance.
The restaurant has great food and a breakfast buffet every morning.
The hotel staff are excellent and there is a shuttle if you need to go somewhere.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Michael F, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you back at the VRI.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

When I think of a hotel in Eugene, the Valley River Inn comes right to the top of the list. It is the best location for Oregon Duck Football games and has a great setting. Most hotels have a city feel, but the Valley River Inn feels like you are on a vacation.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Cheryl M, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2017

Let me say......drum roll please...Thank You........ for such a beautiful review. You just made my day and thanks for telling the world. I too, think we are quite special and I am thrilled you love us too. Hope to meet you on your next "vacation". Cheryl Martin, GM