Valley River Inn
$159
Hampton.com
$97
Comfort Suites Eugene(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Restaurant
$112
$90
CandlewoodSuites
Best Western New Oregon(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$110
BestWestern.com
$108
Inn at the 5th(Eugene)
$179
$161
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

All reviewssweet watersconcierge roombike pathhotel restaurantbreakfast buffetparking lotroom servicerooms are largean older hotelking roombit datedfront desk staffwe've stayedautzen stadiumshuttleconferencebalconies
Reviewed February 10, 2017

I just returned from three nights in Eugene for a conference held at VRI. I checked here for hotel reviews before I went and was a bit nervous as the hotel sounded very run down. I didn't have a choice of where to stay so I went anyway. I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel is nice. Older but very clean, the staff was super nice and the food was very good for a conference. I stayed in a river view room which was very nice. The only complaints I have are 1) no refrigerator in the room, I'm so used to that now that now having one was a bit of a problem and 2) I could hear the train all night blowing it's horn. If you're not as light of a sleeper as I am that probably won't be a problem. And if I didn't have dietary issues that really meant I needed to be able to bring my own food (no fridge so I didn't and I got sick) the lack of a fridge wouldn't be a problem.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingAnn_10
Cheryl M, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Thank you for the review TravelingAnn_10. So happy to read you had a great conference and a great stay with us. The Riverfront rooms are quite relaxing after having to work all day!! Next time you make a reservation, please just ask us and we can accommodate a fridge in your room upon your arrival. Thanks again and I do appreciate the nice comments about my staff. I think they are super nice as well!

Reviewed February 4, 2017

I stayed here in late January for one night in a king bed room.
The rooms are spacious, and the one I was in appeared to be recently renovated (the sink area was very nice looking). Even so, it didn't feel new (maybe it was just the drab January weather).

The bathroom was clean, but there was a slight smell from the toilet area.

I do like this hotel and I think that there are rooms that are a bit nicer (facing the river, for example).

It definitely is in a nice location where there are many stores and restaurants.

There is free parking and a nice restaurant (Sweet Waters).

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Cheryl M, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Thanks so much for the nice review. Our complimentary parking does add a great benefit and our location on the Williammetter River is the best view in Eugene. Please do visit us again soon! Spring is around the corner, and it is amazing here at that time of the year.

Reviewed February 4, 2017

Valley River Inn continues to delight us every stay, we always stay at VRI whenever in Eugene, love the location! The Sweet Water Restaurant is fabulous! Short drive to anywhere in Eugene and the walk along the river is to die for! Always stay at the VRI.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family

Your review warmed my heart and reminds why I am in the hospitality world. Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor and I am happy you will return to us.

Reviewed February 2, 2017

From the lay out, it is clear that this hotel started as a small building on a bend in the Willamette River, just off Delta Highway. Due to its beautiful setting and value the Inn grew and grew and added extensions in a very haphazard manner. Unfortunately it has become surrounded by a soulless suburban shopping mall, good only if you like eating in chain restaurants.

The rooms are huge, but replicate the hotel's theme of odd layout. There's ballroom space to dance around the beds, but the bathrooms are so small that they had to shoehorn in tiny toilets that frankly I don't fit on. They give you an expensive Kuerig coffee maker, but then ruin the coffee experience by supplying only that horrid plastic powder creamer. The balconies invite one to sit, sip beverages and nibble cheese while watching the sun set over the river, but there’s no small fridge in which to keep milk, cream, wine or hors d’oeuvres. The rooms are so large that they're dark because the lighting fixtures are inadequate to illuminate the space.

The lawns outside the river view rooms invite strolling; but the hotel is pet friendly and there is dog poo everywhere spoiling the walk. There is a great seating area, with no bar service in front of a huge fireplace that puts out no heat. As the reader can tell this is a hotel of great potential that is in conflict with itself. Thus I have a love/hate relationship with it every time I stay, which I do often as I have frequent business at the Eugene Airport.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed January 30, 2017

The staff was so friendly and helpful. The path along the river is perfect for exercise. The room was large and had everything I needed as I stayed for a Business trip.
The value for,the square footage was exceptional! Loved having a desk, sofa, and coffee table.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Cheryl M, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

Well Thank You BurdieGirl! I am glad you had a great time with us during your business trip; next visit, don't work so hard and play a little in Eugene!