All reviews sweet waters bike path hotel restaurant breakfast buffet parking lot rooms are large bit dated king room front desk staff autzen stadium riley shuttle conference balconies pet fireplace freeway
Reviewed December 26, 2016

the crappy plastic glasses provided in the room were totally cheap and amazingly tacky for a hotel at this price point. i would expect real glass or at least a quality plastic, clear, six ounce specimen. you look at the great (riverside) room and the price and then those "glasses" and your immediate thought is that burger king has taken over management.

the location is fantastic if you like mall shopping and eating. not so great if you want to be in the action downtown/campus. also great for jogging/biking as there is a trail right outside, running along the river.

strictly for the the older, conservative set. lots of suburban types attending weddings/receptions.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Cheryl M, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2016

Thank you for the feedback and I will certainly look at better options. Please accept my apology.

Reviewed December 26, 2016

Very warm, comfortable and welcoming during our recent ice storm. Pets are welcome and all the services, including Sweet Waters, were great! Beautiful view of the river with easy access to the bike path along the river. Shopping just through the parking lot with many additional restaurants.

Room tip: View of the river is lovely.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

I really appreciate the nice review about your recent stay. First, I am so glad that Ice Storm is over...... as it caused so much grief to our community. I am glad we made a difference for you and yours.

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

the building is old but the rooms are nice. no complementary water. the mall is right across from the hotel. restaurant downstairs is a bit expensive but food is decent! it was a good stay and i'd reccomend it.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for stay with us and recommending Valley River Inn to Trip Advisor.

Reviewed December 20, 2016

Overall a good stay. Great lobby, dated rooms but it was certainly passable. Views to the river were good. Proximity to a raised highway was my least favourite component, it generated unwanted noise. The guest garden had some summer fruit which was nice. The pool was good, although the indoor jacuzzi decidedly needed help in cleanliness and in functioning jets

Room tip: Maybe specify Not Freeway Adjacent
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Cheryl M, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Thanks for the review Jeffrey! I appreciate the feedback and will share with my team. Hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2016

With so many of us without power for a week, Valley River Inn was over run with guests, including a nursing home with 40 residents in need of a warm place to stay. The staff did their very best to keep up with the demands and very considerate and kind to all of us. They were able to help my granddaughter with a room and hot shower.

Thank you to all the staff for going above and beyond in our time of need. We really appreciate all your hard work.

Room tip: river view is amazing
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

I really appreciate your kind 5 star review, it warmed my heart. We did house several families without power and we tried our very best....glad you noticed.... with some of our own not able to come into work for the same reasons. I often only hear the bad; so I Thank You for sharing your wonderful experience.