All reviews sweet waters hotel restaurant bike path breakfast buffet parking lot rooms are large bit dated king room front desk staff we've stayed close to downtown autzen stadium riley convention balconies refrigerator pet
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2016

The Valley River Inn is an older property that has had furnishing upgrades.The beds are too firm for my liking and there is a surcharge for a river view. The location is convenient with restaurants and shopping across the adjacent parking lot. The Inn's Sweet Water's Restaurant has a picturesque location along the river and my breakfast the morning after my one night stay was enjoyable. I can not comment on the hot choices as I enjoyed a cup of tea and a fresh fruit bowl that had a nice variety of berries, melon, etc. and reasonably priced. I chose this Hotel for its close proximity to an assisted living facility that a relative recently moved in to that I was visiting. Would likely stay again for one night, though would look at other lodging options if I were to spend more time in Eugene.

Room tip: Overlooking the river would be a good choice at this Hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank seizetheday212
Cheryl M, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

Thank for the feedback seizetheday212. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2016

We have had many occasions to stay in Eugene over the past 10 years and have stayed in 3 other hotels during that time. However our favorite by far is The Valley River Inn. The rooms are large and have all the amenities one could want. The views are great from each of the rooms is great, especially if you choose a river view. In addition to the comfort of the room and bed, the Sweetwaters restaurant is excellent.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank DeanRumson

That put a smile on my face. Thanks for recognizxing our hard work and great service. I just love this hotel and glad you do too!

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Rooms good, meals great, restaurant service great, All of our family enjoyed their stay and said how pleasant the staff was. Sierra, our server for our dinner was exceptional. She took special orders and got them right the first time which amazed my cousin. She was fast, courteous, and we all appreciated her efficiency.

Room tip: River views
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Sierra is such a wonderful person and I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and her! Family is a blessing and thanks for choosing us for such a special occasion.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Having stayed here before, I wasn't expecting much. My husband made the last-minute booking via Expedia and I had a gut feeling I should cancel, but I decided to give the place a second chance.
Upon check-in we were CHARGED a (refundable) $25 fee "just in case" we choose to use room service. *I will update with the amount of time it takes to refund this fee.* No fridge, no microwave. It's like they're trying to force customers to go to Sweet Waters or order room service.
There isn't adequate parking for even a mid-week stay.
No glasses in the bathroom, paper cups to go with the Keurig. The amount of garbage coming out of this place on a daily basis must be astronomical, I can only assume they're saving a couple thousand dollars a year by not washing glassware?
There are surface upgrades to the decor, but the doors to the room still have the outdated locks in addition to the digital locks (making me question security), the old AC unit, the smell, and the overall feel of the place is a bit stale.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Melaia K
Reviewed July 19, 2016

I have been coming to the Valley River Inn for years now, mainly because my group uses the hotel for its events. I have also paid my own way to stay here more than once in the past. I don't know whether the management has changed in recent years but the low level of customer service here nowadays tells me that things have been slowly declining and one is probably better off going elsewhere.

In the past I have been regularly charged for the overpriced bottles of water they left in the room, even though I never used one. To make matters worse, the charge would normally show up long after I had checked out and it was a hassle to have to file for a $4 refund. Fortunately they don't put the water in the room anymore. What hasn't changed is that they still don't routinely have mini fridges in your room. You have to "reserve" one and even when you do, and even after they tell you at check-in that the fridge has been put in your room, you may not see one for a while. Mine took four days to come (during a hot ten day stay).

Otherwise the furniture is basic, if not well worn out. Lighting was a problem in the room regardless of how many lamps I turned on. Everything seems so dark in there. The only saving grace for me was that I could open the sliding glass door and get fresh air in at night. Food at the Sweet Waters restaurant is average at best, with service a little more attentive than elsewhere. Fortunately there are a number of other eateries in the area a few minutes away that deserve your patronage a lot more.

There is no way I would ever pay my own money to stay here. Never ever again would I do something that foolish.

Room tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business