Valley River Inn
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$90
Hotels.com
Best Western Greentree Inn(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$156
Comfort Suites Eugene(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$127
$107
$189
$180
$238
  • Restaurant
Best Western New Oregon(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$240
$182
All reviewssweet watersconcierge roombike pathhotel restaurantparking lotbreakfast buffetrooms are largean older hotelthird floorking roombit datedfront desk staffwe've stayedclose to downtownautzen stadiumshuttleconference
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This was our second stay at Valley River Inn. The staff is great and the service wonderful. I asked for an extra blanket at 8:00 P.M. and by 8:15 I was snug as a bug in a rug. The river view rooms are, as advertised, worth the room rate. The concierge floor provides a great breakfast. Thank you Chris for a wonderful breakfast! The hotel is well located to be out of the business district but within five minutes of everything. We will return. Downside: the place is beginning to show its age. Mid-twentieth century may have its charm but it needs a face lift. The towels are a bit thin. The beds tend to list toward the side most slept. The sliding glass door to the patio could use a bit of engineering and screen repair.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The toilet wouldn't flush so we had to call the front desk to come fix it. The heater/air conditioning unit would make the loudest noise all night (like a lawn mower) even when turned off. Pillows are horrible. Comforter was horrible. Would not stay at again. I'd rather pay an extra $30 to stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Nichole S
ValleyRiverInn, General Manager at Valley River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to share about your experience. I was very disappointed to see that everything was not in proper working order in your room. This is definitely not the typical experience of our guests. Please be assure that I have followed up on what you noted so that the deficiencies’ were quickly corrected.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when you return to the area. Again, thank you for your feedback, we rely on this information so that we can always continue to improve.

Warm Regards,
George Rogers

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Initial experiences were not pleasant: Upsale at check in, noisy, heater that will not heat, had to repeat my request a few times for a quiet room. By mistake, I booked the same place again for the third time. Luckily I met Jackie Bandy, who was thoughtful and kind. She noticed I took the shuttle to the hotel and initiated to ask if I need to reserve a ride back to the airport. When I told her the time and that I was not feeling well, she kindly asked if it would be helpful for me to check an hour later. Her suggestions were sincere. Even asked if I needed room service for dinner, and pointed out available computer if I needed for flight check-in. The stars lined up. I had a very good stay. All the shuttle drivers, Mike Grillo, Mike (the part-time musician), Jake etc were great. Since then, I stayed there many times.

No it is not perfect. Small inconveniences like finding hair in the bathtub, smell in room, no fridge or microwave, no complimentary toothpaste or toothbrush available when I forgot, coarse toilet tissue paper,an old sunken mattress, all became more bearable after I met more of the wonderful staff. Rachel Edwards, Hans and Michael handles the front desk professionally. Nathan and another evening engineer that I met, though busy, patiently listened to my problems and solved them to the best of their ability. Maintenance staff were friendly.

When locking the door, I have to remember to turn the upper knob correctly. This knob indicates if I am requesting for room service. The bottom is the actual door knob.

Room Tip: If you have allergy to animal dander, don't stay on first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank R L

Thank you so much for staying with us at Valley River Inn, and for your feedback! What a way to start the teams day, sharing your feedback with them put smiles on faces, and reminded the team, that what they do matters, and they can make a difference.

Thank you for pointing out so many of our associates by name, it really makes their day to see that. I did reach out the departments that oversee the areas that required assistance while you were here to ensure those got corrected immediatley.

We look forward to serving you again when you stay with us.

George Rogers

Reviewed April 30, 2014

for an older hotel, the rooms were very clean and, for the most part, up to date. I loved the view of the river from the restaurant. Also loved the running path next to the river. The hotel is located across the parking lot to other restaurants and a mall. Being right off the freeway made it a quick commute to other locations.

all the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I couldn't find and elevator in an secondary building and saw a maintenance worker who, with a smile directed me to the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view…you won't be sorry.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The view was awesome and the ambience was peaceful. The room was large and spacious and appointed well. Hallways, elevators and rooms were kept immaculately clean. The lobby was welcoming, as was the staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river. It didn't appear that any of the other rooms had great views - parking lots, mall across the street, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family