“Great location!!”

Eugene University Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Reserved at this hotel for a Tom Petty concert. The hotel is older but very clean and roomy. We were getting into town a day early so we called and they had a room for the extra night. We arrived late but the guy at the counter gave us a list of places we could eat at after 9pm. I can't remember the name but the pizza place right next door was excellent. The night of the concert we walked right across the street. No need to park or pay for parking. We will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy620
eugeneuniversityinn, Guest Relations Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at University Inn, and that our food recommendation (Tracktown Pizza, right next door) was an excellent choice! With Matthew Knight Arena directly across the street, you can't beat the location of University Inn & Suites, and we thank you for choosing us during your stay in Eugene.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

When I travel, I travel #1 with a toddler, and #2 on a budget. Check-in time in Eugene seems to be 3pm. This doesn't work when I have a toddler that need a nap. After calling all the budget hotels and motels in Eugene, this was the only place who was willing to let me check in at 12pm so my kid could sleep! Also, the wifi connection had impressive speeds!

Location-wise, you're within walking distance of plenty of restaurants and a Market of Choice!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maurice L

Thank you for such kind words about your stay with us, and for choosing University Inn & Suites for an affordable, family-friendly place to stay in Eugene. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

The staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. It does seem though that the rooms could use some fresh carpet and linens. Also the bathroom was so small it was hard to navigate. It does the job of providing a bed and it was quiet enough, but it just felt run down.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
eugeneuniversityinn, Front Office Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at University Inn. We are always happy to hear that our front desk staff was friendly at check in and check out. We have made note of you valuable feedback and do appreciate the thoughtful review.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here a few nights ago, and was very tired and hungry I checked in later in the evening and the gentleman who helped me check in was very friendly and polite. I was hungry and not from town, he suggested many restaurants that are near by that were still open. Track town was my choice, great recommendation.

The hotel was clean and and quiet, also a great location to the university.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank HappyTraveler0686
eugeneuniversityinn, Front Office Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

We always appreciate such kind words about our front desk staff. Thank you for taking a moment to write a review of your stay with University Inn, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We came to town to see a concert and according to the online sites, all the nearby hotels were full. I started calling around, and was relieved to find the University Inn and Suites had a cancellation that day, so a room was available. The desk manager was very polite and cheerful and made booking the room a breeze. The best part? It is directly across the street from the Matthew Knight Arena, which is where we were going to see the concert! We prefer to walk or take public transit to a venue, rather than driving and having to park a mile away, so this was perfect. The bathroom was small; but really, if all you are doing is taking a shower or using the toilet, is that a big thing? The room was pleasantly decorated, the beds were comfortable, and we never heard the other guests, even though the Inn was fully booked. If you are looking for an ultra-modern, high-end hotel, or even an older boutique-y hotel, this isn't it. However, if you prefer a convenient, old-style motor hotel with tasteful decor and all the basics (including a nice, clean little outdoor pool and free limited breakfast), this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GBGal

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at University Inn, and we appreciate all of your feedback, it will help others when deciding where to stay for a concert at Matthew Knight Arena. We are glad to hear our polite front desk and convenient location on Franklin Blvd made your experience so great.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Good location and nice staff, but in need of updating and not really clean. Bathroom fan was incredibly loud and obviously broken. The breakfast area was filthy. Limited selection and yucky tasting coffee. Pool was not clean. To top it off, My son and I both came home with a bad case of bed bugs. Ouch!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
eugeneuniversityinn, General Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Previous Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. However I am disheartened since nothing was mentioned during your stay with us.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our establishment. I would like to clarify some issues that are reviewed daily. While I am unsure of what coffee you are used to I can assure you that both our breakfast area and pool area receive daily attention. Our cleanliness is usually something that stands out at our place of business. Regarding the later, bed bugs are a serious matter and not only have we not had reports of them, we have a contract with a pest company to assure us that there are no issues with things from ants to any other bug.

We have a preventative program to make sure any items are corrected and instances like this do not occur. I welcome any information regarding where you stayed and what happened so that we may further investigate and bring closure to any issues. While anomalies do happen, we do correct any errors we are made aware of.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you have better travels.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Chavez

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is the second time I stayed at University Inn. I booked my room online and I didn't know they offer discounts for the AAA members. It was never mentioned to me at the check-in either. Later on, I noticed a sign on the door, so when I checked out I asked the person at the front desk if it wasn't too late to apply the discount. The answer was "Yes, it's too late" and the look on her face was such as if I asked her something out of ordinary.
You saved your $10, but lost a customer. Way to go, lady.

The hotel is nice, no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
eugeneuniversityinn, Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

We appreciate your taking the time to review your stay. We take customer service very seriously at University Inn & Suites. We have taken note of your valuable feedback and forwarded to appropriate management to improve how we handle such issues in the future.