“Nice room, conveniently located”

Eugene University Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Friendly staff at check-in and nice room (118 I think?). We were tucked back in a corner of the parking lot right by the staircase. Though we had a lot of foot traffic right by our room, we were somewhat shielded from the noise of the busy main road. The room itself was nice, with a comfy bed and decent sized living area, along with the traditional amenities you'd hope for.

The hotel is conveniently located next to the university and directly across the street from the arena. Hayward Field is a short walk away, and there are also some nice trails for running/walking just across the river. Several casual dining options can be found on the main drag as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
eugeneuniversityinn, Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at University Inn & Suites and do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed here last night for 1 night on my way to Portland. Feels fairly safe, clean with a decent size room. Ventilation in bathroom is really loud!! I stayed in room 220 (avoid!!). But it's right next to the busy Franklin Rd. You can hear some loud traffic late and early morning, if you're looking for a quieter place to stay, look elsewhere. It's a bit over priced too for the kind of location that it's in. Also, it looks more like a motel than an "inn" for $100/night, and that was after a small AAA discount was given to me. But nice of the staff to give me the discount despite not being an AAA member. :) Thanks for that!

Room Tip: Just stay away from rooms closer to main Franklin Rd.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Yen K

Thank you for for reviewing your stay with us. We have made note of your feedback and forwarded to the appropriate departments. Our convenient location on busy Franklin Blvd. does mean there will be traffic, but we are always happy to check availability of rooms further away from the street if requested at the time of reservation.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I recently stayed at the University Inn in Eugene, OR. After a long and stressful day of travel, one fiasco after another, I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Challace at the front desk. What a breath of fresh air she was. She was extremely attentive, courteous, and truly helpful, which after the day I had was all I could have asked for. Thank you Challace for an easy, stress free end to my day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve D

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at University Inn. We are always happy to hear that our front desk staff was attentive and helpful. See you again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at the University Inn & Suites over the weekend, while visiting my kids at the University of Oregon in Eugene. I stayed there for 3 nights. Upon returning home this Monday, April 28th 2014 I received a call stating that I had violated their NO PET policy and that they had charged me an extra $200.00. I told Samantha that I had never brought in a pet into my room. She said that they had discovered long brown fur/dander in my room and that she had pictures to prove it. I tried to explain over and over that I did not bring any type of animal into my room. She consistently talked over me and would not listen to me. I don't know how many times I needed to explain myself. I did not violate the NO PET policy, as I did not bring a pet with me. My dog, who just happens to have short white fur, was at home. She said I should contact my bank and make a claim. She said that once the bank had the information/evidence, they would then decide who was right and make the decision of whether or not to put the charge through. After wracking my brain, the only thing I could think of was that I had I cleaned my round hairbrush. But I assure you, I did not strew my hair around the room. I put it in the trash can under the sink. I'm am hurt and upset that she would accuse me of such a thing. She would not listen to my explanation. She said that she had given my name and number to her manager and that maybe he would call me.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Chimpyy

Our sincerest apologies for the experience you have had after checking out from University Inn & Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to bring these customer service issues to our attention and have taken steps to avoid them in the future and improve the way we handle such issues.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

There were things that could have been better, like a funky shower with low water pressure, and a TV that was in need of servicing. But the important stuff was great. Bed was comfy, and room was clean and super quiet! I'm a light sleeper and usually wake throughout the night at hotels like this. But I slept great. Staff was super nice and made some great recommendations for food as well. Also the continental breakfast was typical, but did have the waffle maker which is always nice.
For a nights rest on a budget, this is a good stop.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at University Inn & Suites. We have made note of your feedback and forwarded to the appropriate departments. Please do check back next time you visit Eugene as we are constantly working to improve our facilitates.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Staff was friendly, rooms were clean. Great for a one night stay while commuting. I wouldn't stay there for an extended period. Price is very reasonable for what you get. Nothing special about the facilities, very simple.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor so checking in and checking out, loading the car was an ease.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to give feedback about your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the rates and friendly staff, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Well, it was cheep. The staff was friendly and helpful. They have a business center, so I could print our boarding passes. The room was clean. It just felt like it was out of the '70s. Had Wi-Fi which worked well. Didn't take a shower. Didn't have breakfast there, but looked to be minimal - bagels, cereal, etc.
The bed was okay. My room had a couch, desk and chair, mini refrigerator, microwave. Adequate for an overnight.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank valerieakak

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are glad to hear our business center was useful and that our staff was helpful. We hope to see you again soon.