“Disappointing!!!!”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Eugene
Happy Valley
“Disappointing!!!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2008

After reading the reviews and ratings on Trip Advisor, I was confident this would be a good place to stay while in town for the Eugene Marathon. I was disappointed!!! The gal at the desk was friendly and helpful. The parking lot is tiny and hard to navigate. The room was clean, but was in drastic need of repairs and updating. There was a hole in the drywall which they slid the couch over to hide. The walls were paper thin and I had to listen to the people next door's conversation until late. The bathroom was clean, but everything was old and needed replacement. There wasn't even a holder for TP. For the price, I think you'd be better off at the Super 8. I asked for late checkout because of the race and all they would offer was 1 hour. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless everything else in town was booked.

• Liked — Front desk was friendly
  • Disliked — The room needs lots of updating
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank dutchfam5
eugeneuniversityinn, Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2009
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review the University Inn & Suites. We apologize that you were unsatisfied with your room. We are in the process of renovating our hotel, and hope that if you ever choose to stay with us again, we can provide satisfactory accommodations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Portland
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I am not a particular person but this place is horrible!

No cutomer service!
Dirty, Dirty, Dirty.
Slime or mold in bathroom.
Smell musty and like cigarette smoke in non-smoking room.
The owners of this place must have bad Karma because this place sucks!

Some of the reviews on this website you have to take with a grain of salt. Please believe me on this one and don't stay here!

Stayed April 2008

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

cashman2651
Reviewed January 21, 2008

I made reservations for Monday 1-21-08 four days before on 1-17-08 for 1 night. I arrived at 2:00 PM on Monday 1-21-08 and was told at the front desk that I was a day late. The front desk lady was nice and went to the back room to get the owner. The owner came out and told me whoever made my reservations gave them the wrong date and my credit card had already been charged for the night before! I informed her that I was the person that made the reservations and that it was her people that had messed up the reservation. I told her I don't work on Sundays so the mistake had to be on her side. She was looking to see if they had a room for me and I asked if they had parking for my Expedition and trailer ( which was parked in front of her at the front door)after she looked at my rig she said no. I told her I would find another hotel. "She said we have a 48 hour cancellation policy and I would have to pay for the night " I told her
I stay 100 nights per year in hotels and have never had a problem with parking in 20 years.( The hotel parking lot is the size of a 7/11 parking lot.) She said that's their policy. I will contest this Visa charge which I have never done before as I have never been this outraged in 20+ years of traveling

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank cashman2651
SEBASTOPOL
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I stayed here with my husband on Jan 1st and had a great experience. I looked online at many other 'budget' accommodations, and read a lot of reviews, and the University Inn was a great choice. It is located on a main street, near UO, several restaurants ,a drug store, bus stop and river walk, but its a quiet location. The woman at the front desk was friendly, pleasant, and efficient and I immediately had a good feeling about the place. We stayed on the 2nd floor in a room with a queen. While the outside of the building is honestly not much to look at, the inside of the room was clean and nicely decorated. The furniture and bedding looked new and clean, the bed was comfy, and the shower had good pressure and temperature. The tap water tasted pretty good too. There was a mini fridge, microwave and coffeemaker in the room, and the continental breakfast had a good selection. Even in winter, the pool looked clean. Good for families, couples, business or university related travelers. I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Liked — fabulous staff, best room for the price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank SecretUserName
washington
Reviewed August 7, 2007

On my way through Eugene I spent one night at this hotel. Yes it is inexpensive, but the room was musty (old cigarette smoke) and I was challenged by air quality. Too much for me. so little money to fix this place up the owners should consider the investment. I missed the breakfast as it was over before I got to lobby. the front desk could not recommend a restaurant for breakfast. I won't repeat this visit

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — old shabby rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank ramonabare
seattle, wa
Reviewed April 27, 2007

I just recently stayed here for the Eugene Marathon. We were put up in this hotel by the director. The bathroom and bed had pubic hairs in them! (I had to wear my sandals to take a shower. )There was horrible yellow water stains on the ceiling. My window was open upon arrival and luckily I discovered it upon going to bed. The place smelled horrible, and I found a half eaten pizza in the refridgerator. When using the shower I found a half used bar of soap and one of the shampoo bottles had been opened and used. I am a young female, who was scared [---] to close my eyes to go to sleep in this hotel. VERY DIRTY. The hotel staff was always not helpful and could not understand simple instructions. One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed April 2007
1 Thank nickuw94
Aloha, Or
Reviewed March 29, 2007

I was welcomed by a gal at the front desk named Tina. She was super friendly. Check in wasn't till 3 but she informed me there was a room i could check in when i arrived which was at 11am! I was so pleased because i was in from out of town on business and wanted to get settled before i went about my day. The maids were very kind and friendly as well. The ammenities were outstanding!

*Free Wifi & Hardwired Internet access
*Free Delux Continental Breakfast
*Commercial & Group Rates
*HBO, Cable TV & Movies
*Seasonal Heated Pool

I will for sure stay at this Hotel in the heart of downtown Eugene again close to the University!

Thanks Tina & Staff!