“Very good for the price”

Travelers Inn Eugene
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This small hotel was very reasonably priced. The room was somewhat small, but the large walk-in closet was very helpful. It came with a fridge and microwave, TB, and a very pleasant porch. Although ordinary in decor, the room was clean and well-kept, and seemed freshly painted. A small continental breakfast with fruit, cereal, and coffee was included in the morning. The owners were very sweet, friendly, and helpful.

The immediate surrounding neighborhood seems a bit rundown, but the Inn is a short walk from a nicer neighborhood with good restaurants and bars. Overall this place is a bargain for budget-conscious travelers.

Room Tip: Second floor has a good balcony and sunshine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FussyMom63

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I found good reviews for this hotel here. I knew it was in the 'good value' category so I did not have any high expectations. My main complaint is the smell of the room. I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of smokers in this room - they did not offer me a choice for a non-smoking room and I did not think to ask - it's been so long since this was ever a problem for me. The bathroom is not too bad but it could be cleaner. I don't plan to shower here. The walls are paper thin and it's noisy. Anything good? The young man at the front desk was pleasant, low cost, the microwave works, there is a small fridge and a good sized TV (but I have not used it.) It is too late at night to go ask for a different room and I have very little expectation that I'd get much better. I'm going to have to go get my earplugs out of the car if I am going to get any sleep.

Room Tip: Maybe the upstairs rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Anewstart
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Visited Eugene the last weekend in October...also Ducks homecoming game and Halloween party night. The town was noisy and we had rowdy college students as neighbors Saturday night. Sunday night was much better. The party people had checked out. High points--easy to walk to downtown area; affordable, friendly and helpful hotel staff, comfortable bed, minimal breakfast but enough to send us on our way. Low points--located on a busy street, older hotel with thin walls, small bathroom. If there's a college game when you visit, you will hear noise, but if you are part of the party, you might not mind.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, off the busy road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I picked my room based on these reviews... no frills for sure. it was cheap and as a college student im going to splurge next time

Pro's
Location: walking distance to downtown
Semi clean
Color television (whoop deee dooo)
Fridge
2nd floor instead of first

Con's
Location: homeless people hang out in alley next door, 7-11 right next door
Bedding: stained sheets (didnt look like they were washed thoroughly)
Crumbs on the floor, not thorough cleaning
Bathroom window opened up into the walkway...very awkward having someone walk by right when you hop out of the shower
Continental bfast: a carton of milk and oj and some sample boxes of cereal and cheap muffins
Noise: on a busy street, left the air on all night just to drown it out
Door wouldn't lock...not reassuring at all. we were walking out and double checked the handle and was very suprised when it wasnt locked. we played with it for about 5 minutes and finally it seemed to be secure. talked to management and they brushed it off, said it happened alot not to worry = not very comforting!

Room Tip: Upstairs unit Choose a room away from the street hopefully it'll help with privacy and noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank meg s
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place is just what you want in a budget motel. It is clean, comfortable, and well run. The staff is amazing--its family run and they went and got me some of their home made chai when we came in to check out. Then the owner took the time to explain in detail a few of the tricky parts in my upcoming driving route the next day. I'd stay here in a heart beat anytime I'm passing through.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KML90
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were looking for a clean, inexpensive place for one night while visiting our niece at the university. This place fit the bill perfectly! While it is just your basic room, it was clean and well supplied. The staff was very friendly and the continental breakfast in the morning was just right to get us on the road.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Carol S
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Traveler's Inn Eugene is a no frills budget motel. Our room was clean and comfortable and the price was very reasonable. The bathroom was extremely small, with limited space for toiletries, but everything worked well, the room was quiet, and the staff was friendly. The included breakfast was minimal so we went to McDonald's. This is a good place for a one night stopover well located near the freeway. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple